AUSTRIAN BORN AMERICAN AUTHOR AND ACTOR ERICH GOLLER
Questions and Answers For Erich Goller
1) TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU, WHERE YOU ARE FROM, OR GREW UP; YOUR SCHOOLING AND OCCUPATIONS AND WHERE YOU LIVE NOW. ALSO, WAS THERE SOMEONE SPECIAL, A TEACHER, OR OTHER PERSON THAT INSPIRED YOU TO READ AND ENCOURAGED YOU TO WRITE DURING YOUR FORMATIVE YEARS?
I was born and raised in Vienna Austria. Luckily surviving World WarTwo with many close encounters. Two years after World War Two I graduated from high school at the age of 14, then I went for three years to trade school for auto mechanics and after three and half years of apprenticeship, passing the test at the State board of Mechanics I got my diploma. I was 18 years old, able to work anywhere as a licensed mechanic. It was in the early 1950’s My parents applied for a visa to enter the USA. In 1947 my sister married an American GI and was living in California She wanted the family to move to America. I don’t know why, but my parents and two of my brothers got their visas, but my older brother and I did not receive our visa at the same time. To make a long story short it took more than three years before I got my Visa. By then I was in love and my older brother was married. We did not want to leave Vienna, but I made the journey, my brother did not. To read more about my family, the journey and life in America, you can read it all in my biography “ My Candle Kept On Burning”, "also displaying 50 pictures"
2) HOW DID YOU FIRST BECOME INTERESTED IN WRITING? DESCRIBE YOUR GENRE, I.E. POETRY, SHORT STORIES, NOVELS, HISTORY ETC? WHO HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST INSPIRATION TO RITE AND PUBLISH YOUR WORK?
I was working as a actor in Hollywood, under the name Eric Forst. I am a proud member of the Screen Actors Guild for 49 years. There was the story for the need of scripts for motion pictures and television I had some ideas for a TV Series. I have never written anything before but I started to write a script for a TV series, sending it to an agency, where I got run around and bull for six months. I also wrote a script for “Happy Days’ but no luck. I also had an idea for a game show, also got the run around and bull, so I gave it up. My younger brother was interested in music and tried the write songs and some poetry, that got me interested in writing some poetry once in awhile, but not before I retired that I got more series of writing poetry. Again to make a long story short you can read it all in my biography “My Candle Kept On Burning” . You can see a little of my acting in the following You Tube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzfi-30wRBU Just copy and paste the youtube address in your browser address line, or do a Google search for that address.
3) HOW MANY BOOKS HAVE YOU PUBLISHED, WHO ARE YOUR EXPECTED READERS, AND HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THE TITLES.?
About two months ago I had my fifth book published, it is all about humor, the title “Just For The Pun Of It” The inspiration for my first book came from watching the 9/11 tragic event. I could not believe how that could have happened, so sneaky. That got me thinking about the story about the Trojan horse, so that titled the book “ The Trojan Horse” The title for my second book “Groovy” was inspired from the nineteen sixties living in California when love was in the air. My third “My Candle Kept On Burning” is my biography, a collection of true life stories growing up in Vienna, surviving world war two, my journey and life to America, etc. My fourth book “ For All Tomorrows” a wonderful variety of poetry written in different poetic styles.
4) WHAT DREW YOUR INTEREST TO ONLINE FORUMS SUCH AS POETRY AND PUBLISHING.COM, WHERE YOU ARE NOW A MEMBER?
A Few years ago I met Pat Simpson on the poet inkwell site, when Pat started her poetry site poetryandpublishing she invited me to join the site. That was more than a year ago and it has been very educational and joyful.
5) WHERE CAN WE FIND YOUR BOOKS? CAN WE BUY AUTOGRAPHED ONES DIRECTLY FROM YOU?
My five books can be purchased at
Autographed copies with a 20% discount can be purchased directly from me, Email me at "email@example.com" . Part of the revenue I donate to the Second Harvest Food Bank Of Middle Tennessee"
6) DO YOU WRITE ON A SCHEDULE? AT HOME, LIBRARY, OR OTHER?
I write from home. Specially now trying overcome cancer, I try to write every day .I also like to spend some time painting picture, like you can see some displayed with my picture."
7) WHAT IS THE OVERALL THEME IN YOUR BOOKS, I. E. CHILDREN STORIES, LOVE POEMS; SPY PLOTS?
My books are written for any age to enjoy, with a wonderful variety of poetry about nature, faith, love, dreams, humor, wisdom, fantasy, inspirational, uplifting, visual, short stories, life, etc.
8) DO YOU WRITE ABOUT YOUR OWN SELF, YOUR OWN INTERESTS, OR THE WORLD AROUND YOU?
I do write some from my own interest but mostly from the world around me.
9) WHO DESIGNED THE COVERS OF YOUR BOOKS; AND WHO DID THE ILLUSTRATIONS/
All my book covers and Illustrations were designed by Pat Simpson who also published the books. Without Pat inspiration I could not have done it. I also participated in a number of charity books Pat has published, like “Poetic Word To Support The Troops” with the revenue going to the USO A book “Passionate Poems: for the 9/11 Firefighter Fund. And others for earthquake and flood victims, etc. "www.poetryandpublishing.com"
10) WHAT PROJECTS ARE YOU CURRENTLY WORKING ON?
Nothing particular at the moment, but there are some ideas I’m tossing around.
11) DO YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC WHEN YOU WRITE? IF SO, WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO AND WHY?
Yes, I like to listen to music when write, easy to listen music, it does somewhat inspire my thoughts.
12) ARE YOU AN AVID READER?
Well, whatever time permits.
13) WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE AUTHORS
Ernest Hemingway, Tennessee William, Arthur Miller, William Blake, Emily Dickinson etc.
14) WHO DO YOU WRITE FOR; FAMILY, YOUR OWN ENJOYMENT,GENERAL READERS….?
I like what I write, it gives me an accomplished feeling. But I write for the general readers hoping to leave beautiful thoughts in their mind and heart.
15) WOULD YOU RATHER WRITE A BOOK THAT SELLS MILLIONS OFCOPIES, BUT HAVE IT BE "CELEBRITY FLUFF" - OR WRITE AN AWARD WINNING NOVEL THAT NO ONE READS? AND WHY DOES IT MATTER?
Yes, I would rather write a book that sells millions. For one things I might be remembered after I’m gone and while I’m here I would have more opportunities to do things and help others too.
16. ARE THERE ANY LINKS YOU WOULD LIKE TO LIST HERE? SUCH AS WEB SITES; VIEDO TRAILERS FOR YOUR BOOKS, ETC.
Yes, you can view a video and my books at my web site at "www.poetvienna.com"
17. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAY TO ENCOURAGE READERS TO READ YOUR BOOKS?
If one likes to read Poetry, Stories and Humort, then they will enjoy reading my books.
18. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO AUTHORS PREPARING TO PUBLISH THEIR FIRST BOOK?
It might be good to let someone read it to get an opinion before you have it published. Get some background on the publisher.
19. WHAT CAN YOU TELL NEW AUTHORS WHO ARE AFRAID TO FACE THE TASK OF PUBLSIHING THEIR BOOK?
If you have talent and believe in yourself, follow your dream.
20. WHAT THOUGHT WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE READERS OF THIS INTERVIEW WITH?
Thank you for reading my interview, I hope that my books will bring some joy into your life.
For all tomorrows there is today enjoy it to the fullest it will never come your way
Take a look at my movie career video:"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzfi-30wRBU" or Just copy and paste the highlighted address in your internet browser address line. Another way is to go to "youtube.com" and type in "ericforstactor" in the youtube search bar and then select Eric's video from the two that will come up.