Aging Quotes, Sayings, Effects and Facts
Ten Most Common Fears Of Aging
- The fear of permanent loss of identity.
- The fear of loss of control.
- The fear that there is nothing after death.
- The fear of physical pain at the time of death
- The fear of the loss of youth.
- The fear of an unfulfilled life.
- The fear of not being there for those we love.
- The fear of a Heaven or hell.
- The fear of eternal punishment.
- The fear of the unknown.
- Middle age is the awkward period when Father Time catches up with Mother Nature. - Harold Coffin
- Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. - George Bernard Shaw
- As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. - Andrew Carnegie
You know you're old when you stoop to tie your shoes and wonder what else you do while you're down there. - George Burns
- The follies which a man regrets most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland
- The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball. - Doug Larson
- We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw
- Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that happen to a man. - Leon Trotsky
- In youth the days are short and the years are long; in old age the years are short and the days are long. - Nikita Ivanovich Panin
- I was wrong to grow older. Pity. I was so happy as a child. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body. - Author Unknown
The whiter my hair becomes, the more ready people are to believe what I say. - Bertand Russell
- The true way to render age vigorous is to prolong the youth of the mind. - Mortimer Collins
- Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. - Samuel Ullman
Old age takes away from us what we have inherited and gives us what we have earned. - Gerald Brenan
- At twenty we worry about what others think of us; at forty we don't care about what others think about us; at sixty we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all. - Author Unknown
- You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. - Douglas MacAuthur
- Everything slows down with age, except the time it takes cake and ice cream to reach your hips. - John Wagner
- I don't plan to grow old gracefully. I plan to have face-lifts until my ears meet. - Rita Rudner
- Probably the happiest period in life most frequently is in middle age, when the eager passions of youth are cooled, and the infirmities of age not yet begun; as we see that the shadows, which are at morning and evening so large, almost entirely disappear at midday. - Thomas Arnold
- Old age ain't no place for sissies. - Bette Davis
- Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen. - Mark Twain
- At sixteen I was stupid, confused and indecisive. At twenty-five I was wise, self-confident, prepossessing and assertive. At forty-five I am stupid, confused, insecure and indecisive. Who would have thought that maturity is only a short break in adolescence? - Jules Feiffer
Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. - Eleanor Roosevelt
To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am. - Bernard Baruch
- And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln
There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt. - Author Unknown
Men grow old, pearls grow yellow, there is no cure for it. - Chinese Proverb
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. - Mark Twain
- There is still no cure for the common birthday. - John Glenn
- Never use the passing years as an excuse for old age. - Robert Brault
- Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. - Tom Wilson
A man's as old as he's feeling, a woman as old as she looks. - Mortimer Collins
I refuse to admit that I am more than 52, even if that makes my children illegitimate. - Lady Nancy Astor
And in the end, it's not
the years in your life that count,
it's the life in your years.— Abraham Lincoln
Fast Facts About Aging
- One out of nine people living in the US are 65 or older.
- The fastest growing age group is people 85 and older.
- Fifty-six percent of those over 65 are married.
- Only 10 % of the people over the age of 65 have Alzheimer's
- 15 million older people volunteer. That's almost half of the 65+ population.
- Each month the world's elderly population of people increases by 795,000.
- By 2020, 12 million older people will need long term services and support.
- 69% of the people turning 65 today will need some form of long-term services and support.
- The average annual cost of a private room in a nursing home is $$79,935.
- The average annual cost of a semi-private room in a nursing home is $72, 270.
- The average annual cost of living in an assisted living facility is $37,572.
- More than 1.1 million seniors live in some type of senior housing community.
- Blooming In The Golden Years: People Who Have St...
Blooming In The Golden Years : People Who Have Still Flourished In Their Old Age Age is just a state of mind. One maybe in his youth, but if he is living a life of squandering, a sexagenarian who is still...
- The Lighter Side of Aging
Quit Obsessing - Stop obsessing about getting older. It happens to everyone. The alternative to getting older is not something many of us would like to visit. Re-evaluate Your Circle of Friends - It is very...
- Exercising To Piano Music Appears To Help Reduce Falls Among Older Adults
Introducing a music-based multitask exercise program for community-dwelling elderly people may lead to improved gait (manner or style of walking), balance and a reduction in the rate of falling, a
- People are happier, less stressed after age 50 - Health - Aging - msnbc.com
Life looks a little rosier after 50, a new study finds. Older people in their mid- to late-50s are generally happier, and experience less stress and worry than young adults in their 20s, the researchers say.
- 12 secrets to staying young - Health - Skin and beauty - msnbc.com
The mythical fountain of youth discovered? No, even better! Weve found proven ways to live a longer, fuller life .
- As boomers age, 1 in 5 drivers will be oldsters - Health - Aging - msnbc.com
Baby boomers who first danced to that 1964 pop hit about a granny burning up the road in her hot rod will begin turning 65 in January. Experts say keeping those drivers safe and mobile is a challenge with profound implications.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2010 Susan Hazelton