Shopping online is really easy. Amazon has made the experience much better. They started with sellng books online and now 20 years later, they sell everything under the sun and they ship for free.
On a recent trip to Seattle, I even visited a new cashless store. With an app on your smart phone, you just signup once, and walk in, pickup item and walk out.
Another new idea is to have delivery boxes located in malls. The item is shipped to that location and customers can puck their orders up.
Finally, Amazon is opening stores that features the most popular items...
Amazon is living proof of the greatness of Capitalism. It is succeeding and more people are profitting and benefitting from this new shopping paradigm.
- Dec. 2018
As a consumer and a person who loves to read and write, it is fitting that I recommend some of the books I admire.
I like non-fiction books and self help books and biographies and books on travel. You can learn so much from the experiences of orhers.
The following list are some books I recommmend to anyone.
- Free to Choose - Milton Friedman
- Common Sense - Thomas Paine
- Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
- State of Fear - Michael Crichton
- Liberty and Tyranny - Mark Levin
- Culture Warrior - Bill O’Reilly
- The Savage Nation - Michael Savage
- God And Man at Yale - William F. Buckley Jr.
- The Quest for Cosmic Justice - Thomas Sowell
- Small is Beautiful - E.F. Schumacher
I also like DVDs. A recent block buster hit movie is called Crazy Rich Asians.
Another product I use regularly is a joint supplement called Great Lakes Collagen. It is excellent for stiff joints.
Some of my recent purchases includes...
- Mens Anti-aging cream by The Face Shop called Neo Classic. It helps with dry skin.
- Fitbit Charge 2 heart and exercise monitor. It tracks not only steps, but heart rate and sleep cycles. It even knows how many flights of stairs you climbed.
- Crazy Rich Asian DVD.
Amazon Prime Air
Is Amazon Taking Over the World?
It seems with their recent successes, they are going to dominate all shopping. Is that a good thing or a sure thing? Neither. A monopoly is never good. We need competition to get efficiency and lower prices and improved products.
The way capitalism works, sooner or later, a new company will emerge to challenge Amazon. Just like previous giants has fallen to new comers, someday, Amazon will do the same. Sears has filed chapter 11 and will probably disapear in a few years. Don’t forget, it was the original catalogue mail order company.
Jeff Bezos and Amazon books started the online revolution. Now it is pervasive And everything is on sale online. It revolutionalized the whole shopping experience. Malls across the nation are closing and downsized. Meanwhile, delivery trucks and FedEx are busier than ever. Even drones are used to deliver door to door. A new wave of shopping is here.
A Simple Poll
How often do you shop on Amazon?
© 2018 Jack Lee