36 Ancient Chinese Quotes
Ancient Chinese Quotes
The Chinese Culture is one of the oldest and most complex in the world. Record keeping of the Chinese Culture began during the Zhou Dynasty which dated back more than 3,000 years ago. Due to the complexity of the ancient Chinese Culture, it takes much time to understand it. We can acquire much wisdom from the ancient Chinese Quotes and Culture and apply them to modern day. Here are some of the ancient Chinese Quotes which have been simplified for easy understanding.
Ancient Chinese Quotes That I Can Comprehend
- If you are planning for one year, grow rice. If you are planning for 20 years grow trees. If you are planning for centuries, grow men.
- Pleasure for one hour a bottle of wine. Pleasure for one year a marriage. Pleasure for a lifetime a garden.
- Fight poison with poison.
- Tiger father begets tiger son.
- The crafty rabbit has three different entrances to its lair.
- You cannot push/force a cow's head down unless it is drinking water by its own will.
- Men should worry about fame just as pigs about being fat.
- If you have money you can make the ghosts and devils turn your grind stone.
- There is no wave without wind.
- Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
- A hundred men may make an encampment, but it takes a woman to make a home.
- Beauty is the wisdom of women. Wisdom is the beauty of men.
- If you are in a hurry you will never get there.
- Patience is power, with time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes silk.
- Maintain an army for 1000 days, use it for an hour.
- Use attack as the tactic of defense.
- The greatest conqueror is he who overcomes the enemy without a blow.
- Paper cannot wrap up a fire.
- Drinking the water of a well, one should never forget who dug it.
- Failure is the Mother of Success.
- Going beyond is as bad as falling short.
- The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
- The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. This is my personal favourite among the list of ancient Chinese Quotes.
- If you don't want anyone to know it, don't do it.
- Quarreling is like cutting water with a sword.
- If you must play, decide upon three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.
- Forethought is easy, repentance hard.
- Respect for ones parents is the highest duty of civil life.
- Insanity is doing the same thing in the same way and expecting a different outcome.
- He who is not satisfied with himself will grow; he who is not sure of his own correctness will learn many things.
- If a man fools me once, shame on him. If he fools me twice, shame on me.
- A truly great man never puts away the simplicity of a child.
- Small ills are the fountains of most of our groans. Men trip not on mountains, they stumble on stones.
- A clever person turns great troubles into little ones and little ones into none at all.
- He who could foresee affairs three days in advance would be rich for thousands of years.
- Hidden Dragon Crouching Tiger - The meaning is that both the tiger and dragon have amazing talents, but if they are out of view, you may have not discovered them. It can be said of someone with amazing ability that keeps that ability hidden.
Listed above are ancient Chinese Quotes that I have understood. There are many many more that I am still trying to. If you need an explanation on the quotes above, please leave a note at the comment section. I would be more than happy to reply.
Healthy Eating Facts
- Top 5 Healthy Eating Facts
Practical Guide for a healthier you! Everybody desires to have a good health. A healthy body enables us to achieve our goals and dreams. There are many factors that lead to good health and healthy eating facts play a big part in it.
Life is like the ocean. Sometimes rough sometimes calm. Read quotes by Abraham Lincoln, Nelson Mandela and Michael Jordan.
More hubs by JASONYCC
- Holiday in Malaysia, Pangkor Laut Resort
Pangkor Laut Island Located 1.6km off the West Coast of Peninsular Malaysia, Pangkor Laut is a secluded island which lies in the Straits of Malacca. This paradise island has a 2 million years old rain...
- Slow To Talk Toddler - Late Talker
I have a friend whom her daughter is a few days younger than my son. She is concerned as her daughter who currently is 21 month old still isn't talking. Her daughter only says a few words, like Mama...