- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Books & Novels
Devotions for Preschoolers by Crystal Bowman Book Review
Best Daily Devotional Book for Kids:
Devotions for Preschoolers by Crystal Bowman, illustrated by Elena Kucharik published by Tyndale House Publishers in 2004. It is the best book I have purchased for my children. Devotions for Preschoolers can be read every day for a whole year. It is very colorful and interesting, my kids are exited to read it every evening before bed.
This book is intended for preschoolers, but my almost seven year old loves this book as much as my toddler and a three year old, even I enjoy reading it and learning life lessons from it. In my opinion, this book is suitable for all elementary school age children.
This book has 365 daily devotions for children, from January 1st to December 31st.
Each page has very beautiful picture, along with a short story and a life lesson, there is also a question or two, which is included in the text, to ask your children and make them feel a part of the story. On the bottom of the page is a suitable to the daily story Bible verse and a prayer. Book is written in a very simple, child-friendly, easy to read language.
The book includes stories about four little friends Kaitlyn, her little brother Jack, and their friends Zoe and Parker. Stories about their every day lives, troubles they get into and lessons they learn on the way.
Why I like this book:
- Teaches Bible-based truths in easy to understand language
- Wonderful, colorful pictures
- Addresses daily problems, fears and concerns of children
- Encourages kids
- Talks about important topics in a very positive and gentle way; such as importance of obedience, friendships, hard work, kindness and many more.
- Each day correlates with the season on the given day, so in December there will be stories about Christmas, winter, snow and snowmen, March will include stories about spring, September will have stories about learning and so on.
- Talks about Holidays
- Teaches about the nature
Sometimes Kaitlyn and Jack have to do things they don't feel like doing. How about you? Would you rather play outdoors than set the table? Do you complain when your parents tell you it's time for bed? Do you sigh when you have to pick up your toys? If you talk to God, he will help you do what you need to do. And you may even enjoy it!"
This book is a wonderful daily devotional for boys and girls.