- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing»
- Creative Writing»
- Humor Writing
Best Of Murphy's Technology Laws
My Favorite Murphy's Laws
Who is Captain Edward Murphy? He was an engineer who worked on an Air Force project. He used to make many witty one liners while he was on duty. For example, "If there is any way to do it wrong, he'll find it." became a famous line after Murphy cursed a technician for wiring a transducer incorrectly. This is actually the original Murphy's Law. The project manager took it upon himself to keep a record of Murphy's 'laws' and this particular one line became popularly known as Murphy's Law.
Deviating away from the original law, there are many Murphy's laws out there with respect to technology, but on this page I will be highlighting the best of Murphy's technology laws. Have a fun read!
My List Of Favorite Technology Based Murphy's Laws
- Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.
- The attention span of a computer is only as long as its electrical cord.
- Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.
- All's well that ends.
- To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.
- We don't know one millionth of one percent about anything.
- Nothing motivates a man more than to see his boss putting in an honest day's work.
- After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done.
- If mathematically you end up with the incorrect answer, try multiplying by the page number.
- If you can't understand it, it is intuitively obvious.
- The more cordial the buyer's secretary, the greater the odds that the competition already has the order.
- The only perfect science is hind-sight.
- If an experiment works, something has gone wrong.
- Any simple theory will be worded in the most complicated way.
- A difficult task will be halted near completion by one tiny, previously insignificant detail.
- If something breaks, and it stops you from doing something, it will be fixed when you:
- no longer need it
- are in the middle of something else
- don't want it to be fixed, because you really don't want to do what you were supposed to do
- Each profession talks to itself in it's own language, apparently there is no Rosetta Stone
- The more urgent the need for a decision to be made, less apparent become the identity of the decision maker
- It is never wise to let a piece of electronic equipment know that you are in a hurry.
- Don't fix something that ain't broke, 'cause you'll break it and you still can't fix it.
- Dobie's Dogma:
If you are not thoroughly confused, you have not been thoroughly informed.
- When working on a motor vehicle engine, any tool dropped will land directly under the center of the engine.
- Never trust modern technology. Trust it only when it is old technology.
- An expert will always state the obvious.
Bored? Confuse Your Mind A Little...
- Perception Puzzles
Our mind sometimes refuses to believe the things it sees. The result - a whole lot of confusion! Want to confuse your brain a little? Ok maybe not a little, a helluva lot maybe? Try looking at these pictures...