Barbermonger: Bill O'Reilly's Word of the Day on Fox News Channel's The O'Reilly Factor
I love me...I could look at me for the rest of my life...and he did. Mythology says that Narcissus couldn't bear to tear himself away from his own reflection, so he died of starvation.
#1 - Narcissus (What an Idiot!)
- The handsome lad in the painting to the right is Narcissus. He was quite a little barbermonger (but still probably the biggest barbermonger in history), although such an ugly title would surely have made him cringe.
- Narcissus, however, only existed in Greek mythology and the story of his vanity qualifies him as our top barbermonger. Narcissus essentially went to a stream to get a drink of water and fell in love with his own reflection in the water. He couldn't tear himself away from such a beautiful face, so the idiot died of starvation. A barbermonger, you see, is just a very vain man (or a fop, or a dandy).
Donald, Donald, Donald...don't be such a barbermonger...let someone cut that hair!!! Or, just take it off, whichever is accurate.
#2 - Donald Trump
- No one ever said barbermongers had to be smart, but there are some smart ones out there, like our choice as the #2 barbermonger, Donald Trump.
- What about Donald Trump? He must be pretty smart, as he has made a gazillion dollars in his lifetime. But, inquiring minds want to know..."does he think his hair looks good?" Is he so vain that he won't go to one of those Hollywood makeover experts that could actually make him look presidential (a look he was once aspiring to).
- I would think Trump less a barbermonger if he would simply just marry someone plain looking instead of gorgeous models and the like.
Prince Charles divorced Lady Diana and married Camilla Parker Bowles. No barbermonger there!
Prince Charles Is Anything But a Barbermonger
- Look at Prince Charles, for example. He has every reason to be vain - money, several titles, two handsome sons and an ex-wife who was just about the most loved person in the history of the world, and he married a more-than-ordinary-looking Camilla Parker-Bowles. I expect waking to Camilla every day keeps the barbermonger part of Prince Charles' personality in check.
- Then there's some of you. You're so vain, you probably think this hub is about you.
- Although I do have some good news for the women. They can't be barbermongers, as that title is reserved only for men. Luckily there are a whole lot of men to choose from when you're searching for barbermongers.
#3 - Charlie Sheen
Barbermonger, fop, dandy, vain, conceited, and oh, so much more.
Check Out Some of My Other Humorous Hubs