Celebration Poem for the Single ThirtySomething Woman
A thirtysomething year old, beautiful, talented, productive woman deserves a celebration in her honor. Not for an anniversary, baby shower or Mothers Day, just for the essence of who she is.
Single and Exceptional
Without the trimmings of events in which mothers and wives participate, we banners, we are forced to look at the inner qualities which form the basis for her contribution to the joy of family, friends and community.
Honor her on her birthday or for an individual accomplishment. Celebrate her life, her love, her strides toward her purpose, and her singleness which she wears nobly.
Poem: A Single Shining Star
Beautiful within, beautiful without;
Elegant image of true womanhood;
Your charm exceeds the influence of most,
Revealing graces you displayed since childhood.
Your confidence is steady in your gait;
Your wisdom flavors all you do and say;
Your kindness, friendliness and tasteful wit
Spread joy to those who stand in your pathway.
So who knows why with all your loveliness
You’re still a single, brightly shining star
Without a love response to your soft glow
After thirtysomething years on life's radar?
Your stature gains in sweet appeal;
You perform cheerfully and purposely
Without a show of any lack or need
For a man to walk beside you closely.
Single and Radiant
Still it may be that he is taking the long route
And by the time he walks into your life,
He would have lost his childish looks and ways
And be fit for a mature, worthy wife;
You shouldn't have to look for him; he’ll find you
Right where you are pursuing your own dream,
Keeping in step with Father’s divine will
And together you will make an exc’llent team.
But there’s no guarantee that he will come;
Distractions and shortsightedness abound,
And he may, without knowing what he does,
Fumble his future with judgment so unsound.
Still, my charming, talented, wise daughter,
You may be singled out for great success
With only supernatural princely help,
Making you more special in the process.
For thirtysomething years, you’ve been special
To all our family; and oftentimes
You’ve made us proud to watch you forge your way
Through difficult, character-strengthening climbs.
Your perseverance and your shining faith,
And prayers have kept you firm on paths you’ve trod.
You can live joyfully, single or not;
Blessed because you’re my child and a child of God.
Bible Blessings for the 30-Something Single
- Because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you (Isaiah 43:4).
- Live wisely and wisdom will permeate your life (Proverbs 9: 12).
- Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires (Psalm 37:4).
- God guards you from every evil, he guards your very life. . . He guards you now, he guards you always (Psalm 121: 7, 8).
- For your Creator will be your husband; the Lord of Heaven’s Armies is his name! He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, the God of all the earth (Isaiah 54:5).
- Blessed is . . . the woman who sticks with God. . . Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season (Jeremiah 17: 7, 8).
- For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).
- I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion (Hosea 2:19).
- A woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit (1 Corinthians 7:34).
- And as a bridegroom is happy in his bride, so your God is happy with you (Isaiah 62:5).
US Statistics and Facts Reported in 2017
From the United States Census Bureau (2017) unless noted otherwise
- There are 110.6 million unmarried people over the age of 18.
- 63% of them were never married.
- 53% of them were women.
- For every 100 unmarried women in the US, there are 18 unmarried men.
- 55 percent of Americans expressed the belief that getting married is not an important milestone in leading a happy adulthood.
- Single women had lower BMIs, waist sizes, and risk associated with smoking and alcohol than their married counterparts. (Journal of Women's Health, 2017)
© 2013 Dora Weithers