Blio ereader - FREE ebook reader application
Blio ereader - ebook reader
Ebooks are being accessed on all sorts of devices and applications but the Blio ereader offers some great additional functionality, and it’s free.
As the publishing industry adapts to the changing publishing landscape and the ebook reader device war continues with various ebook reader devices appearing on the market in increasing numbers. Kindle launched Kindle Direct Publishing, the ipad two hits the streets with ipad 3 to follow in 12 months and T-Mobile is to pre-load its new mobile phone with Blio ereader (ebook reader application). It has been an interesting few years for the publishing industry and the years ahead look to be just as interesting. See my article on the Kindle Direct Publishing.
Ebooks are a part of life and will continue to grow year on year as more devices and more books are turned into, and published as ebooks. Devices will get more varied with tablets becoming thinner and mobile phones becoming smarter.
I feel it is sometimes easy to get caught up in the next new gadget or how thin the next ipad will be. Ebooks can be viewed on almost all modern mobiles, tablet and laptops etc, but what application will we be using in the future to access the content?
Kindle has the best of both worlds by having a dedicated Kindle device and allows users to upload their own books and publish to a massive audience. Kindle also has an app that allows you to read your Kindle book on the ipad. The software / application we use to read the content of the future will see some interesting developments, just as we now see the development of a wealth of new devices to read ebook content.
One such application looking to make a big splash into the world of ebooks is Blio with its Blio ereader.
What is the Blio ereader
In a nutshell, the Blio ereader is a FREE ereader application that presents eBooks just like the printed version, in full color, and with additional features you’d want from an eReader.
With many ebooks you get a book that is a direct copy of the paper based product or a version of the original book that has its content re-flowed to fit the device you might be viewing your ebook on. Blio also does this but looks to take the ebook to a newer level and enhance your reading experience. You can have the same layout, fonts, and full-color images that you enjoy in the print version of your favorite titles. But Blio believes eBooks should do more and utilise everything that the device you’re reading on is capable of.
Blio brings that advanced approach to the ebook platform with functionality like allowing your books to be read aloud to you and Blio will highlight each word as it goes, so you can follow along. You can look up words you might not be familiar with or get more information on a topic by searching Google, Bing, and more without ever leaving your book.
If you are a person that scribbles notes in the margins of books, Blio allows you to highlight, take notes, and even add pictures, and even web links to the notes section of each book, a great functionality which is one of many.
Blio wants to make reading enjoyable and easy, no matter where you are, and no matter what device you’re reading on. To that end, Blio offers ReadLogic, a feature that knows to automatically zoom and navigate to the next logical place in the book for you to read, whether it’s the next paragraph, a caption, or a sidebar. Blio also offers the Blio BookVault, a virtual library that you can access from anywhere. The Blio BookVault lets you start a book on one device, and continue it from another, while saving your reading progress, smart!Blio ereader really does seem to be a breath of fresh air with some great functionality and as soon as the Andriod version is available I will update this Hub with an insight.
Blio ereader top features are listed as. . .
- Blio displays books in full color, with fonts, pictures, and layout as the publisher intended.
- Blio lets you sync up to 5 devices so your books can go wherever you go.
- Blio’s BookVault lets you access all of your content, and download it to your device from anywhere you have an internet connection
- Multiple reading views, including: text only mode, single page, dual page, tiled pages, or 3D “book view” for realistic page turning
- Create a personalized list of reference websites for one-touch look-up of highlighted phrases
- Look up phrases or topics in the included browser, without ever leaving the context of your book
- Have Blio read the selected book to you, highlighting each words as it does.
- Insert text, image, or hyperlink notes directly into your content. These are saved, and can be exported to create lists or study materials.
- Full support for audio and video embedded within interactive books
- Supports touch interaction for touch-enabled devices
- At the moment, Blio’s supported Platforms are Windows with iPhone, iPad, Android versions coming soon!
- Supported Formats: XPS, ePub