Bob Ong's Quotes: Memorable Quotes of a Contemporary and Famous Filipino Writer
Who is Bob Ong?
Bob ong is the pseudonym of this Filipino and contemporary writer who is known for his straightforwardness and humour in tackling his writings about politics, social issues, and relationships.
-sensitivity in dealing with others.
1. Though you are insensitive and unemotional like a stone, you still have to be careful. Even you are like that- unmoved, you are capable of hurting others."
It's original and Filipino form: “Kahit ikaw ay parang bato na manhid at walang pakiramdam, mag-ingat-ingat ka naman. dahil kahit ganyan ka, hindi nasasaktan, kaya mo namang makasakit.”
We cannot expect others to act and feel the same way as we do. We might say something that does not matters to us but will affect them very badly. Let us talk tactfully as much as possible. We do not know what other people are experiencing right now and their stories as well.
-motive to pursuit one's full potential.
2. Neither sadness nor fear is difficult in being alone; it is the acceptance that in billions of people around the world, none of them fight to be with you.
It's original and Filipino form: “Hindi lungkot o takot ang mahirap sa pag-iisa kundi ang pagtanggap na sa bilyon-bilyong tao sa mundo, wala man lang nakipaglaban upang makasama ka.”
When nobody wants us to be their lifetime partner, we tend to have low esteem. Our self-worth and self-actualization are lacking because we view companionship as one of the most achievement in life.
If we cannot love ourselves then how we can expect others to love us too? If only we love our self first and try new things and experience adventures alone, we will have self-achievement and we can learn to love and respect ourselves more.
- a piece of writing written in the writer's point of view.
3. I found out that life is not an exam with passing grades. Not a multiple choice, true or false, enumeration or fill-in-blanks. Indeed, it is an essay...
It's original and Filipino form: Nalaman kong hindi pala exam na may passing rate ang buhay. Hindi ito multiple choice, identification, true or false, enumeration, o fill-in-the-blanks na sinasagutan, kundi essay na isinusulat araw-araw. Huhusgahan ito hindi base sa kung tama o mali ang sagot, kundi base sa kung may kabuluhan ang mga naisulat o wala. Allowed ang erasures.
4. Use the heart to take good care of your loveones. Use your brain to take good care of yourself.
“Gamitin ang puso para alagaan ang mga taong malalapit sa iyo. Gamitin ang utak para alagaan ang sarili mo.”
When a person loves too much, he sometimes forget himself. He forgot to love himself first. He dedicates everything to his partner even nothing left for him-even his own dignity.
We have to be reminded that too much attachment to another person can also hurt and harm us emotionally. We need to remember that we can stand on our own and that our life do not depend in living a single person.