- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Books & Novels
Book Review on The Lie: Evolution by Ken Ham
The Truth comes from the Bible
It's always the Holy Scriptures or the Bible that has absolute Truth about the human existence and the creations that God have made for us, as we are the stewards of it all here on Earth.
So many things have been disputed between the biases on topics, like Creation - how our cosmos was formed, how human started and the effects of the so-called Evolution.
Yes, Creation versus Evolution.
There's a long list of arguments, books, publications and posts on-line regarding the hypes of the topic.
Since the dawn of mankind, our ancestors tend to bend the writings of God-inspired books, the Holy Bible. Those books are bounded into one famous publication that reveal the truth - the past, present and future events that happened and will happen to the fate of Man.
Man's view point is limited on Charles Darwin's Theory on Evolution, the Natural Selection. It's been changing whenever new evidences of the occurrence of big events of the past, such as the Great Flood during the time of Noah had been unearthed. Evidences, like the Ark at the top of Mount Ararat in Turkey or the accumulations of different animals bones that were deposited in one pit as discovered by archaeologists.
Theories stipulated by scientists, that are being taught in school continue to change decade after decade. Whereas in the Bible, the truth stays since the publication of God's revelations to mankind, from Creation and until to the last Book of Revelation.
Note: The book - The Lie: Evolution by Ken Ham concentrates on the first book of the Bible: Genesis - The Key to Defending Your Faith.
Review on Ken Ham's The Lie: Evolution
Ken Ham is the founder of Answers in Genesis. This is a ministry dedicated on the importance of creationism. He is also a very popular and effective speaker with American church audiences.
He pioneered the work of creation evangelism in his native land of Australia.
Because of his in-demand speaking engagement, whether in universities, churches and public patios, he is always ready to tell the relevance of creation in the life of each individual - to really know their Creator, our Saviour Jesus Christ.
There are eleven chapters in the book:
- Christianity is under Attack - The war between Christianity and humanism is being staged these days.
- Evolution is Religion - The fallacy that it is science is being disputed in the book.
- Creation is Religion - Science of one religion versus the science of another religion.
- The Root of the Problem - The author concludes that no person can write his own rules. It is always the Creator who sets the rules.
- Crumbling Foundations - Many free thinkers and scientists eliminate Genesis, therefore the structure of Christianity begin to collapse. Opinion-oriented (evolution-based) philosophy is now destroying our society.
- Genesis does Matter - The literal view on Genesis is also historical and and foundational to all Christian doctrines.
- Death: A Curse and a Blessing - The entrance of death into the world can be answered by Genesis alone.
- The Evils of Evolution - The growing acceptance of atheistic evolution is the result of rejecting God as the Creator.
- Evangelism in a Pagan World - The biblical method was used by apostle Paul with great success.
- Wake Up, Shepherds! - Many religious leaders today don't realize the true nature of Creation/Evolution controversy. They misinterpreted that what they have been led to believe is true science.
- Creation, Flood, and Coming Fire - The prophecy in 2 Peter 3 concerning the last days is being fulfilled before our very eyes.
Adding Evolution to the Facts on the Bible is a No-No!
There are many reasons why Evolution is too contradicting with the facts that we can find in the Bible.
Even the author Ken Ham noticed this and outlined the most visible reasons why Evolution and Creation do not mix.
- No DEATH before Adam's Fall - The Bible teaches that physical death only enters after the fall of man. Whereas in evolution, death is already present before the creation of man. The wearing out of our bodies became apparent when temptation of Evil (Lucifer) came into the world, the same with animals. God created everything 'good', animals included. Cannibalism is still not known to them until the serpent tempted Eve to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden.
- ADAM did not fall "Upwards" - Because of sin, the fate of man is getting worse. As scientists come to understand more of what becomes of man right after Adam fell, mistakes in our genes are giving us more problems and diseases.
- New Heaven and New Earth - The restoration of the Earth and Human Beings are also promised by the Creator. The visible descriptions are: no death, no suffering, no bloodshed, no curse, no tears, no crying, no pain and the amazing vegetarian animals. The restoration is like the original creation stated in Genesis Chapters 1 & 2 - no death, no violence and animals are all vegetarian - plus the temperature of the Earth will be good from Pole to Pole - no storm, no volcanic eruption, no climate change.
- Animals are created to be Vegetarian. - One of the crew of the ship I worked, just recently is a vegetarian in the literal sense that he didn't eat meats, only vegetables, fruits and gluten. Man and animals were created to be vegetarians and it fits the fact that there was still no death on Earth. But when sin entered, it affected the world so much that God caused massive flood to wipe away all the corruption on Earth. Part of the violation is the killing of animals, even humans, just like what happened with Cain and Abel.
- Creation is finished. - God finished the Creation in just six days. So, after he created Man, he rested on the seventh day and sanctified it as holy. Evolution is not God's doing or the so-called natural selection and survival of the fittest by the scientists.
There are many facts on Genesis that disputes the man-made reasons on Evolution.
- Genesis teaches that God created fruit-bearing trees before fish - plants on third day while fish on fifth day. Meanwhile, evolution teaches that first life evolve on the sea before the life on land.
- The BIG BANG Theory and the Biblical Account of Creation are in total conflict. Light is created on 1st day, but the sun was not there, as the holder of light until the fourth day. While in Big Bang Theory, the sun was formed first as big bang occurred and the earth followed as molten blob, while the Earth was still covered in water when it was first made.
- Adam is not an illiterate as indicated in Evolution theory. He named all the animals and had a complex language. He's not a caveman after all!
Therefore, every human being has the same ancestor, Adam. We didn't come in different 'races' as evolution want to inculcate in our minds.
We do not experiment on Carbon Dating if we want to know how Creation occurred.
Genesis 1:14 "Let there be lights in the firmament of heaven to divide the day from the night; and let there be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.
In Genesis, all the answers to our questions are absolute, while in Evolution, man-made answers are not exact, they're just theories that corrupted our minds that the two can jive with each other.
When in fact, it's not and it can never be.
The Lie: Evolution
What other hubbers say about Evolution
- Evolution - Creationists Right and Darwin Wrong ??!!
In the 19th century, the naturalist Charles Darwin formulated a theory of evolution, which allowed for adaptation and change of organisms ~ even into new species ~ as a result of natural selection, mutation and genetic drift. The Bible, however, tell
- The problems of evolution, Darwin and the Giraffe
Mention evolution to most people and the first person they will think of is Charles Darwin. True enough he is the best known evolutionist, and his theories are those most taught in schools etc. Many others had already had thoughts about where...
- Richard Dawkins The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evid...
Richard Dawkins’ new book, “The Greatest Show on Earth,” is aimed squarely at the evangelical American Creationist’s ridiculous arguments that the earth is less than 10,000 years old and evolution is a lie. And – like many of us, Dawkins...