Chicken quotes, sayings, fun facts and trivia
Chicken quotes and sayings
- Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. - Aesop Fables
- It is not unprofessional to give free advice, but advertising that the first visit will be free is a bit like a fox telling chickens he will not bite them until they cross the threshold of the hen house. Warren E. Burger
- If a man's gonna eat fried chicken, he's gonna get greasy. - Author Unknown
- When arguing with a chicken a grain of corn is always wrong. - African Proverb
- Ever think of what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth. - Anne Tyler
- It is better to be the head of chicken than the rear end of an ox. - Japanese Proverb
- The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed. - Martina Navratilova
- An overcrowded chicken farm produces fewer eggs. Chinese Proverb
Last Night I Dreamed of Chickens
Last night I dreamed of chickens,
there were chickens everywhere,
they were standing on my stomach,
they were nesting in my hair,
they were pecking at my pillow,
they were hopping on my head,
they were ruffling up their feathers
as they raced about my bed.
They were on the chairs and tables,
they were on the chandeliers,
they were roosting in the corners,
they were clucking in my ears,
there were chickens, chickens, chickens
for as far as I could see...
when I woke today, I noticed
there were eggs on top of me.
- Americans consume an average of 8 billion chickens each year.
- On average, a hen lays 300 eggs per year.
- Chickens have full-color vision.
- There are more chickens on earth than humans.
- Chickens lay different colored eggs, including such colors as white, brown, green, pink, and blue.
- There are over 150 kinds of domestic chickens.
- Chickens have more bones in their necks than giraffes!
- To produce a dozen eggs, a hen has to eat about 4 pounds of food.
- The chicken is the closest living relative to the tyrannosaurus rex.
- The waste made by a chicken in its lifetime can make enough electricity to run a 100 watt bulb for five hours!
- Chickens can mourn for each other.
- A rooster takes 18 to 20 breaths a minute, and a hen 30 to 35.
- The greatest known number of yolks in one egg is nine.
- A chicken is 75% water.
- The fear of chickens is called Alektorophobia.
- Gainesville Georgia is the chicken capitol of the world.
- A chicken takes 21 days to hatch.
- Chickens can travel up to 9 miles per hour.
- A chicken loses feathers when stressed.
- A mother hen turns her egg approximately 50 times a day, so the yolk does not stick to the shell.
- There are four cities in the U. S. that have the word 'chicken' in their name: Chicken, Alaska; Chicken Bristol, Illinois; Chicken Bristol, Kentucky; and Chicken Town, Pennsylvania.
- Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Thanks to a few smart shortcuts, you can whip out a real homemade chicken potpie in no time.
- Get Starting Raising Backyard Chickens
Should you get chicks or chickens? How do you set up a brooder? What to feed your chickens. Learn how to get started keeping laying hens.
- Easy chicken recipes
FOIL CHICKEN 'N RICE 4 chicken breasts 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup 2/3 c. uncooked instant rice Cut 4 (14
- Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes - 5 Pts or Less!
Delicious easy-to-follow recipes for WW-Friendly Chicken Noodle Casserole, Chicken Kiev, Buffalo Chicken Strips, Quick Chicken Teriyaki, and Gourmet Chicken Dijon
- Benefits of Free Range Chickens and Their Eggs
If you are aware of current food trends then I am sure you have heard the phrase
- Bantam Chickens
Bantam chickens have been domesticated for centuries. In fact, they are one of the oldest known domestic animals. Marco Polo wrote about banties in his journal. While all bantams are chickens, not all chickens are banties.
- The Best Recipe For Easy Homemade Chicken Alfredo Sa...
The best homemade alfredo sauce recipe - and it's incredibly easy and inexpensive to make!