Childrens Playground and Clapping Songs
Do you Remember when you were little playing on the playground and playing clapping hand games with the other students singing these little songs. I am making a collection of all the songs I can remember to share with everyone. You are welcome to comment and add some songs if you can remember them. Hope you enjoy these fun Little Memories :)
Shimmy Shimmy Coco Pop
- Down, Down Baby
- Down Down by the Roller coaster
- Sweet sweet baby
- sweet sweet don't ever let me go
- shimmy shimmy coco pop
- shimmy shimmy roll
- I met a girlfriend
- A triscuit a triscuit she said a triscuit
- a biscuit
- Ice cream, soda pop, vanilla on the top.
- Ooh, Charlena, walking down the street, ten times a week.
- I read it, I said it, I stole my momma's credit
- I'm cool I'm hot
I Went To A Chinese Restaurant
- I went to a chinese restaurant to buy a loaf of bread, bread, bread.
- They wrapped it up in bubblegum and this is what they said, said, said.
- my name is....
- Elvis Presley, girls are sexy, sitting in the back seat drinking pepsi,
- Had a baby named it Daisy, throughout the window flippin crazy. ( make the crazy sign with hands)
- Daisy died everyone cried and that was the end of daisy.
- My name is ...
- Pom pom poodle, Willy willy wiskers. My
- name is ...
- Chief!! (make the Chief signal with arms) Roast BEEF!
- (stare at each other and the first one that blinks loses the game)
A Sailor Went Chop
- A Sailor Went to Sea, Sea, Sea.
- To See What He could See, See, See.
- But all that he could See, See, See.
- was the bottom of the deep blue Sea, Sea, Sea.
- ( Every Time you say Sea shield your eyes.)
- A Sailor Went to Chop, Chop, Chop.
- To See What He could Chop, Chop, Chop.
- But all that he could Chop, Chop, Chop.
- was the bottom of the deep blue Chop, Chop, Chop.
- ( so make chopping on your arms)
- A Sailor Went to Knee, Knee, Knee.
- To See What He could Knee, Knee, Knee
- But all that he could Knee, Knee, Knee
- was the bottom of the deep blue Knee, Knee, Knee
- ( child starts to tap their knees )
- A Sailor Went to Toes, Toes, Toes.
- To See What He could Toes, Toes, Toes.
- But all that he could Toes, Toes, Toes.
- was the bottom of the deep blue Toes, Toes, Toes.
- ( Child touches their toes. )
- A Sailor Went to China, China, China.
- To See What He could China, China, China.
- But all that he could China, China, China.
- was the bottom of the deep blue China, China, China.
- ( Child makes the praying motion)
- A Sailor Went to Chop, Knee Toe, China, all around the world.
- To See What He Could Chop, Knee Toe, China, all around the world.
- But all that he could Chop, Knee Toe, China, all around the world.
- was the bottom of the deep blue Chop, Knee Toe, China all around the world.
- ( child makes the appropriate motions to each of the words Chop Knee Toe China )
Ms Mary Mak
- Ms Mary Mak Mak Mak
- All dressed in black, black, black
- with silver buttons, buttons, buttons.
- all down her back, back, back, back.
- she asked her mother, mother, mother
- for 50 cents, cents, cents
- to see the elephant, elephant, elephant
- jump over the fence, fence, fenc
- he jumped so high, high, high
- he reached the sky, sky, sky
- and didn't come back, back, back
- till the 4th of July.. July July
Ms Suzy Had a Baby
- Ms Susie had a baby she named him Tiny Tim
- she put him in the bathtub to see if he could swim ...
- he drank up all the water
- he ate up all the soap,
- He tried to eat the bathtub but it wouldn't Fit down his throat
- Ms Suzie called the Doctor
- Ms Suzie called the nurse.
- Ms Suzie called the lady with the Alligator purse.
- Chicken Pox said the Doctor measles said the nurse.
- Nothing said the Lady with the Alligator Purse.
- Ms Suzie knocked the Doctor, Miss Suzie Punched the Nurse,
- Ms Suzie paid the Lady with the Alligator purse
- Ms Suzey had a steamboat the steamboat had a bell, bell, bell
- Ms. Suzey went to heaven and the steamboat went to .......
- Hello Operator give me number nine, nine, nine and if you disconnect me
- I will chop off your ....
- Behind the refrigerator their was a piece of glass, glass, glass
- Ms Suzey sat upon it and she cut her big fat .....
- Ask me no more questions and tell me no more lies
- The boys are in the bathroom poulling down their...
- Flies are in the meadow the bee's are in park
- Ms Suzey and her boyfriend are kissing in the dark.
- The Dark is like a movie, and the movies are like a show, and a show,
- is like a tv set,
- and that is all i know...know, know ...
I really hope you enjoyed these little poems and songs for the playground and that it brings back some pretty cool memories.
Please leave comments and songs that you can remember and I will post them up :)
More Great Poems by PoemsandStories
- Me and My Beta-Fish by PoemsandStories
Me and My Beta-Fish Childrens Poems
- The Hidden Treasure By PoemsandStories
The Hidden Treasure.
- My Babies and Bottles By PoemsandStories
My Babies and Bottles - Childrens Poem
- Me and My Bugs By PoemsandStories
Me and My Bugs By PoemsandStories
- Me and My Turtle Poem by PoemsandStories
Me and My Turtle By PoemsandStories