Chocolate Quotes, Fun Facts, and Recipe
For The Love Of Chocolate
There aren't too many people out there that don't like chocolate. As a matter of fact, the loving of chocolate is one of the few things that people can agree on.
The love of chocolate is known far and wide. The fact that the dark semi-sweet chocolate is good for you only adds to that love.
So, all of you chocolate lovers out there, sit back and enjoy my chocolate quotes and facts.
- My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already. - Dave Berry
- Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. - Judith Viorst
- I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter. - Author Unknown
- Research tells us that fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton
- Forget love...I'd rather fall in chocolate! - Anonymous
- There are four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. - Author Unknown
- The 12 - step chocoholics program: NEVER BE MORE THAN 12 STEPS AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE! - Terry Moore
- Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two but can't remember what they are. - Matt Lauer
- This guy found a bottle on the ocean, and he opened it and out popped a genie, and he gave him three wishes. The guy wished for a million dollars, and poof! There was a million dollars. Then he wished for a convertible, and poof! There was a convertible. And then he wished he could be irresistible to all women...poof! He turned into a box of chocolates. - Anonymous
- Chocolate is a perfect food, as wholesome as it is delicious, a beneficent restorer of exhausted power. It is the best friend of those engaged in literary pursuits. - Baron Justus von Liebig
- Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time. - Author Unknown
- Exercise is a dirty word...Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate. - Author Unknown
- After about twenty years of marriage, I'm finally starting to scratch the surface of that one (what women want). And I think the answer lies somewhat between conversation and chocolate. - Mel Gibson
- It's not that chocolates are a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is, let's face it, far more reliable than a man. - Miranda Ingram
- I don't know why so many "so called" chocolate lovers complain about the calories in chocolate, when all true chocoholics know that it is a vegetable. It comes from the cocoa bean, beans are veggies, 'nuff said. - Author Unknown
- If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top pantyhose. An entire garment industry would be devastated. - Anonymous
- All I need is a little love now and then, but some chocolate will do for now. - Lucy Van Pelt
- A little chocolate is like a love affair - an occasional sweet release that lightens the spirit. A lot of chocolate is like a marriage - it seems so good at first but before you know it you've got chunky hips and a waddle-walk. - Linda Solegato
- Twill make Old Women Young and Fresh; Create New Motions of the Flesh. And cause them long for you know what, If they but taste of chocolate. - James Wadworth
- Chocolate doesn't make the world go around...but it certainly makes the ride worthwhile! - Author Unknown
- A chocolate in the mouth is worth two on the plate. - Author Unknown
- I got to thinking about relationships and partial lobotomies. Two seemingly different ideas that might just be perfect together - like chocolate and peanut butter. - Sarah Jessica Parker
- Simply put...everyone has a price, mine is chocolate. - Author Unknown
- Coffee...Chocolate...Men...Some things are just better rich. - Anonymous
- ...the taste of chocolate is a sensual pleasure in itself, existing in the same world as sex...For myself, I can enjoy the wicked pleasure of chocolate...entirely by myself. Furtiveness makes it better. - Dr. Ruth Westheimer
- There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate. - Linda Grayson
Fun Facts about Chocolate
- The shelf life for most chocolate is one year.
- 65% of all Americans choose milk prefer milk chocolate over the other types of chocolate.
- Aztecs Indians believed chocolate to be an aphrodisiac.
- Europe was introduced to chocolate when Christopher Columbus brought back cocoa beans from the Caribbean Islands from his 1502 voyage.
- 63% of Americans can't resist buying themselves a chocolate treat when they are buying chocolate for someone else.
- Eating chocolate began in 1674 when the first chocolate cake was baked.
- There is an average of 230 calories in a 1.5 to 1.6 chocolate bar - more than half of the calories come from fat.
- Chocolate contains high quality antioxidants that can protect you from developing cancer and heart disease.
- Over 13 billion dollars was spend on chocolate last year.
- The melting point of chocolate is just below 98.6 degrees F, which is why chocolate melts so nicely in your mouth.
- An average of 60% of Americans give boxed chocolates as a winter holiday gift.
- Several studies conducted over the past three decades have failed to find a link between chocolate and acne.
- It takes about 400 cacao beans to create 1 pound of chocolate.
- British people are second only to Swiss when it comes to eating chocolate.
- 40% of the women regularly crave chocolate while 15% of the men crave chocolate.
- The Hershey Chocolate Factory was founded in Pennsylvania in 1871.
- There is 7 milligrams of caffeine in 1 ounce of milk chocolate - about the same as in a cup of decaffinated coffee.
- America produces more chocolate than any other country.
- 3.3 billion pounds of chocolate is eaten in the US each year.
- In the US, 25% of all peanuts, and 40% of all almonds are used in chocolate making.
- Chocolate is a natural antidepressant. It contains tryptophan which helps you create serotonin, your body's own antidepressant. Also phenylethylamine, found in chocolate has been shown to release serotonin and endorphins two chemicals known to make us feel happy.
- The largest chocolate bar ever made, according to Guinness World Book of Records was made in March of 2000 by Elah-Dufour United Food Companies in Turin, Italy.
- According to research conducted in 2010 eating chocolate is more stimulating to the heart and to the head than kissing.
Short But Sweet Chocolate Sayings and Quotes
- Chocolate in the mornings is what makes moms get through their days!
- If at first you don't succeed, have a chocolate
- Everything I eat should contain either garlic or chocolate, but rarely both.
- There's more to life than chocolate, but not right now.
- Chocolate is nature's way of making up for Mondays.
- Never get between a girl and her chocolate.
- If I must die let it be death by chocolate
- Put the chocolate in the bag and no one gets hurt.
- Chocolate: luscious, lumpy, load of love...
- Man cannot live on chocolate alone, but women sure can.
- Life without chocolate is like a beach without water.
- Chocolate: the breakfast of champions.
- Nothing is more romantic than chocolate.
- Chocolate is the only aromatherapy I need.
- Other things are just food. But chocolate's chocolate. Money talks. Chocolate sings.
- There is no chocolate anonymous because no one wants to quit.
- Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
- You are never alone with a bar of chocolate.
- God gave angels wings, he gave humans chocolate.
- For some there is therapy for the rest there's chocolate.
- Eating chocolate makes my clothes shrink.
- In the cookies of life, friends are the chocolate chips.
- Chocolate: the poor man's champagne.
- A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.
- Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment.
Death by Chocolate Party Pudding
Now that we know that chocolate is one of those foods that is loved by many, I thought I would share a quick, easy, guilt-free recipe called Death by Chocolate. In this case it is a party pudding. Hope you love it as much as I do.
4 boxes of sugar-free instant chocolate pudding
1 8 oz. container of sugar free Cool Whip
1 box fudge brownie mix
6 bars of Herseys chocolate
Prepare brownie mix according to directions on the box.
Bake and set aside and let cool.
Make pudding according to directions on package.
Break apart pan of brownies, and place on bottom of pudding dish.
Next comes a thinish layer of pudding, then whipped cream, then, chopped pieces of candy bar.
Repeat the process.
***This recipe makes 12 servings. For a few less calories instead of using Hershey Bars use semi sweet chocolate chips and crumbled Oreo's.
- Chocolate Slavery: Slave Labor in the Cocoa Industry
Chocolate bars have a dark, often untold story of human trafficking and child slavery. Cocoa plantations on the Ivory Coast use unpaid child labor to harvest the cocoa beans, often employing tactics such as physical abuse by overseers on plantations
- List of 10 Benefits From Dark Chocolate
Ten amazing health benefits for every one from consuming dark chocolate on a regular basis. This is sweeter than we know!
- You Can Make Chocolate From Scratch At Home
You can make chocolate at home from cacao (the real name of cocoa) beans with the right appliances and supplies. Creating chocolate from start to finish is possible right in your own kitchen!
- Good News About Chocolate
- How to Make Chocolate Cake in a Microwave
Of you were ever wondering how to save time, effort and electricity when it comes to baking cakes, how about me telling you how to make chocolate cake in a microwave oven? Sound a little crazy or even...
Are You Addicted To Chocolate?
© 2010 Susan Hazelton