Common Sense Sayings, Quotes and Proverbs
Common Sense Quotes and Sayings
- Common sense ain't common. ~ Will Rogers
- Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. ~ Rene Descartes
- The best prophet is common sense, our native wit. ~ Euripides
- The last time anybody made a list of the top hundred character attributes of New Yorkers, common sense snuck in at number 79. ~ Douglas Adams
- What a grand thing it is to be cleaver and have common sense. ~ Terence
- Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are and doing things as they ought to be done. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom. ~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- To see what is in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle. ~ George Orwell
- If common sense has not the brilliancy of the sun, it has the fixity of the stars. ~Fernan Caballero
- Common sense is genius dressed in it's working clothes. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- When unsure how to solve a problem, use your common sense. ~ Catherine Pulsifer
- All truth, in the long run, is only common sense clarified. ~ Thomas Henry Huxley
- Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense dancing. ~ William James
- Success is more a function of consistent common sense that it is of genius. ~ An Wang
- Common sense is calculation applied to life. ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
- It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense. ~ Robert G. Ingersoll
- The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the nest. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- Common sense is nature's gift, but reason is an art. ~ James Beattie
- Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to. ~ George Seaton
- Common sense and good nature will do a lot to make the pilgrimage of life not too difficult. ~ William Somerset Maugham
- Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde
- The biggest shortage of all is the shortage of common sense. ~ Unknown
Common Sense Proverbs
- He who does not have common sense at age thirty will never have it.
- Fate deals the cards, but we have to play them.
- A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
- I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
- Haste makes waste.
- The dog that barks does not bite.
- Seek advice but use your own common sense.
- Never insult an alligator until after you have crossed a river.
- What you don't see with your eyes, don't invent with your mouth.
- He who laughs last thinks slowest.
- Live together like brothers, do business like strangers.
- A rich man's joke is a always funny.
- You reap what you sew.
- Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
- A handful of common sense is worth a bushel of learning.
- Most people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.
- It is better to be alone than in bad company.
- Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
- Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
- On the other hand you have different fingers.
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- Don't go fishing wile your house is on fire.
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
- You can't have everything...where would you put it?
- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
- The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.
- Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
- It's not cheating unless you get caught.
- If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.
- Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
- Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- Why is common sense so uncommon?
- Whatever Happened To Common Sense?
A girl dies in a bath using cell phone, another falls into a fountain while texting. Have our children lost all common sense? Or is social media brainwashing our kids?
- Common sense, whatever happened to it?
A discussion on the meaning of common sense and whether or not it is still around.
- Have we lost our common sense? Another facet of the ...
Where has common sense gone? Is it a vanishing commodity in today's world? A five year old girl learned a hard lesson: don't speak about the deadly Hello Kitty Bubble Gun at school. You might be labeled a terroristic threat to the community.
- How to Have Common Sense
I want to say that I decided to write this article for two reasons. The first is that, from observation in my long (ha ha) life on this planet, I’ve noticed that common sense is one of, if not the most, desired skill that a person can have. It’s...
What Is Common Sense?
Have you ever heard the phrase "She didn't know enough to come in out of the rain"? That is what is called a lack of common sense. If she had common sense she would be sitting on the porch with the rest of her friends.
Common sense is simply making good decisions on what is good, bad, or otherwise harmful for you. If it is good, you do it. If it is bad or harmful you stay away from it.
"Common sense is sound practical judgment concerning everyday matters, or a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge that is shared by nearly all people." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense
Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.— Josh Billings
© 2010 Susan Hazelton