- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Common Sense sayings, quotes and proverbs
Common Sense Quotes and Sayings
- Common sense ain't common. ~ Will Rogers
- Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. ~ Rene Descartes
- The best prophet is common sense, our native wit. ~ Euripides
- The last time anybody made a list of the top hundred character attributes of New Yorkers, common sense snuck in at number 79. ~ Douglas Adams
- What a grand thing it is to be cleaver and have common sense. ~ Terence
- Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are and doing things as they ought to be done. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom. ~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- To see what is in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle. ~ George Orwell
- If common sense has not the brilliancy of the sun, it has the fixity of the stars. ~Fernan Caballero
- Common sense is genius dressed in it's working clothes. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- When unsure how to solve a problem, use your common sense. ~ Catherine Pulsifer
- All truth, in the long run, is only common sense clarified. ~ Thomas Henry Huxley
- Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense dancing. ~ William James
- Success is more a function of consistent common sense that it is of genius. ~ An Wang
- Common sense is calculation applied to life. ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
- It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense. ~ Robert G. Ingersoll
- The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the nest. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- Common sense is nature's gift, but reason is an art. ~ James Beattie
- Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to. ~ George Seaton
- Common sense and good nature will do a lot to make the pilgrimage of life not too difficult. ~ William Somerset Maugham
- Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde
- The biggest shortage of all is the shortage of common sense. ~ Unknown
Common Sense Proverbs
- He who does not have common sense at age thirty will never have it.
- Fate deals the cards, but we have to play them.
- A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
- I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
- Haste makes waste.
- The dog that barks does not bite.
- Seek advice but use your own common sense.
- Never insult an alligator until after you have crossed a river.
- What you don't see with your eyes, don't invent with your mouth.
- He who laughs last thinks slowest.
- Live together like brothers, do business like strangers.
- A rich man's joke is a always funny.
- You reap what you sew.
- Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
- A handful of common sense is worth a bushel of learning.
- Most people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.
- It is better to be alone than in bad company.
- Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
- Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
- On the other hand you have different fingers.
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- Don't go fishing wile your house is on fire.
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
- You can't have everything...where would you put it?
- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
- The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.
- Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
- It's not cheating unless you get caught.
- If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.
- Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
- Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- How to Have Common Sense
I want to say that I decided to write this article for two reasons. The first is that, from observation in my long (ha ha) life on this planet, I’ve noticed that common sense is one of, if not the most, desired skill that a person can have. It’s...
- How To Lose 25 Pounds Using Common Sense
You can lose 25 pounds if you follow a few eating suggestions. No fancy diet plan needed - just common sense how to lose 25 pounds
- Why we can't all have common sense
Let's look at the words Common Sense, shall we? Common: Common can have multiple meanings, however the one that is used here is
- SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR 2012 - Common Sense
Many people believe in the theory that the world is going to end in the year 2012. There is even movie filmed about that topic, so now we have Hollywood version of possible events as well. Many of us ask...
- Growing up - common sense
You've heard the phrase When you Grow up from people all of your life. You want to stay out later than dark, the answer when you grow up. When I was a small girl I wanted a Horse, I was told...