- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Complete This Story: Trouble in Paradise, Exercise 1
Ready to Write?
Hello everybody and thank you Brenda for bringing me an apple today! (Just kidding, Brenda) On my first ever "Class on Writing" the submissions/support was overwhelmingly above and beyond anything I expected. I thank all of you who worked diligently and so submitted your work to me. All of your stories were nothing short of incredible! (Get it?) One of you writers even asked me if it was possible to submit your stories somewhere. It's definitely something that I will look into. Until then, I got somewhat of a random scenario I brewed up and so that it be fun as an exercise in which a random scenario is chosen and then the story is completed by the writer. Here it is, as you can pick any of the three scenarios concerning love gone awry:
Write a short-story (max. 500 words)
1) A typical high school girl who, after getting dumped by her boyfriend goes off to work at a fast food restaurant. To make matters worse, while working at the drive-thru window, she gets held up by someone with a gun. Explain to the reader what happens from this point forward and come up with an ending.
2) A man is awoken one morning by the sound of a doorbell. Upon opening the door, he finds a baby girl inside a car seat atop his welcome mat. He looks up to find a car with a woman behind the wheel taking off like a bat out of hell. As she's doing so, she's giving him the one-finger salute. Implement this scene into your story however you want.
3) An affluent couple who after having learned from their pilot that their private jet just completely lost power must decide whether or not they should admit to the other that they had an affair. Just as before, you can use this portion of your story at either the beginning, middle, or end of your story. The choice is yours.
I hope you like it the expanded selection. You can reply to me with the completed story via email. Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see what everyone cooks up!
In case any of you are not familiar with my 55-Word Story hub:
Great 55-Word Stories by Hubbers!
- Write a 55-Word Story
Welcome everybody! From the insistence of my good friend Brenda, I decided to hold a workshop in which hubbers can submit some of their works. Back when I was in college, this idea was given to my class...
Welcome to Burger Barn by SpyderBytes
The masked man
ran off with the cash from the register. Laura leaned over and picked
up the wallet she had seen fall from his pocket when he pulled his gun.
Glimpsing at his ID confirmed her suspicion -- the robber was Ralph, the jerk who had dumped her hours ago! She smiled.
Revenge is sweet.