- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Dog Quotes and sayings
Man's Best Friend
Dogs have been known as "Man's best friend" for years and for good reason. Your dog gives you unconditional love like no other. They accept you for you and they never try to change you.
They don't care if you are rich or poor, pug-ugly or the most beautiful person in the world. They love you.
They are loyal, protective, and always ready to listen. They don't repeat anything you tell them.
In other words, they are the perfect best friend.
Dog Quotes and Sayings
- The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~ Samuel Butler
- One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why. ~ Unknown
- The dog is a yes-animal, very popular with people who can't afford to keep a yes-man. ~ Robertson Davies
- You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that! ~ Dave Barry
- He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~ Unknown
- They never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation. ~ Jerome K. Jerome
- Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man have ever made. ~ Roger Caras
- In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog. ~ Unknown
- When a dog wags his tail and barks at the same time, how do you know which end to believe? ~ Unknown
- If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience. ~ Woodrow Wilson
- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. ~ Josh Billings
- Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable . They might be a bit out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well. ~ Bonnie Wilcox
- Dachshunds are ideal dogs for small children, as they are already stretched and pulled to such a length that the child cannot do much harm one way or the other. ~ Robert Benchley
- “Dogs don't rationalize. They don't hold anything against a person. They don't see the outside of a human but the inside of a human. ~ Ceasar Millan
Funny Dog Quotes and Sayings
- Scratch a dog and you've found yourself a permanent job. ~ Franklin P. Jones
- My dogs not spoiled...I'm just well trained. ~ Unknown
- If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one. ~ Andy Rooney
- The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. ~ Ambrose Bierce
- If you want the best seat in the house...move the dog. ~ Unknown
- Anyone who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~ Franklin P. Jones
- The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. ~ Unknown
- In dog years I'm dead. ~ Unknown
- I've seen a look in dog's eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts. ~ John Steinbeck
- Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant. ~ Unknown
- If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise. ~ Unknown
- I named my dog Stay so I can say, "Come here, Stay. Come here, Stay." ~ Steven Wright
- Dogs are people too. ~ Unknown
- The pug is living proof that God has a sense of humor. ~ Margo Kaufman
- A Pekingese is not a pet dog; he is an undersized lion. ~ A. A. Milne
- Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats. ~ Unknown
- Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ~ Lewis Grizzard
- How to Feed Your Dog
Everyone thinks they know how to feed their dog, but do they really? You will find a break down of dog food, caloric needs, ingredient surprises and facts around dog food labeling that you may not know.
- Top 10 Homemade Dog Treat Recipes
This article gives you 10 easy recipes for homemade dog biscuits and cookies using all natural and safe ingredients that are common in the kitchen. They're safe, healthy, and delicious!
- Getting Lost on Course: How to Memorize A Dog Agilit...
Do you get lost on agility courses? This article will give you six tried and true memorization tips to keep you and your dog on course. Stay on course and earn more Qs!
- Animals as trends: the media promotes pet dogs, rode...
Few would believe that a cartoon could play a role in the deaths of thousands of animals, but Disney's 101 Dalmatians movie is credited with doing just that. The animated films Finding Nemo and G-Force have similarly negatively affected the clown fis
- How To Care For Small Dog Breeds
Taking care of small dogs requires a commitment. You need to consider how to choose the right breed, its feeding, grooming and health needs.