Achieving Your Dreams
What are Dreams?
Dreams are differnt things to different people. Dreams are our wishes , hopes and desire for the future. They are what we want to do, be or have someday. For many people dreams are what we want to obtain without the work. For others they are their burning desire to achieve something.
So how do we achieve our dreams? Well, I'm glad you asked. We achieve our dreams by setting goals. Little stepping stones to success. Goals are what help us make our own personal roadmap that leads us step by step to the achieving of our dreams. Goals help clarify our thinking, and give us a sense of purpose and direction. Goals need to be made specific and taken in small steps.
You need to visualize and personalize each goal. For example: If your dream is to write a novel you will most likely be sitting there ten years from now with the same dream if you it if you don't break it down into smaller obtainable goals. Start out by being specific, such as I will complete a page a day. Then I will complete a chapter every two weeks. These are attainable goals. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to reach your goals. At this rate you will beable to complete 24 chapters within a year. Depending on the length you wish your book to be it may take you up to two years.
Make sure you write down your goals and keep them posted where you come in contact with them each day. Pick up your list and look at it daily. Make sure you are on track. If you slip and fall behind don't beat yourself up over it but understand you alone are responsible for you reaching or not reaching your goals. You alone are responsible for not fulfilling your dreams.
- To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act. - Anatole France
- Dreams are free therapy. Consult your inner Freud. - Grey Livingston
- In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
- Cut not the wings of your dreams, for they are the heartbeat and the freedom of your soul. - Flavia
- Dreams get you into the future and add excitment to the present. - Robert Conklin
- We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving. And we all have some power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing. - Louisa May Alcott
- Hope is a waking dream. - Aristotle
- Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream preceded the goal. - Pamela Vaull Starr
- Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember you have the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. - Harriet Tubman
- Dreams are illustrations...from the book you soul is writing about you. - Marsha Norman
- You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith. - Mary Morrissey
- Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
- Dreams that do come true can be as unsettling as those that don't. - Brett Butler
- Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. - Edgar Cayce
- If you have a dream, give it a chance to happen. - Richard DeVos
- Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.
- Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. - Kahlil Gibran
- There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, 'Yes, I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams.' Then they put the box away and bring it out once in a while to look in it, and yep, they're still there. - Erma Bombeck
- Go confidently in the directions of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau
- The queation for each man to settle is not what he would do if he had means, time, influence and educational advantages; the wuestion is what will he do with the things he has. The moment a young man ceases to dream or to bemoan his lack of opportunities and resolutely looks his condition in the face, and resolves to change them, he lays the corner-stone of a solid and honorable success. - Hamilton Wright Mabie
- If one advances confidently in the direction of his dream, and endeavors to live the life which he had imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau
- However vague they are, dreams have a way of concealing themselves and leave us no peace until they are transplanted into reality, like seeds germinating underground, sure to sprout in their search for the sunlight. - Lin Yutang
- The end of wisdom is to dream high enough not to lose the dream in the seeking of it. - William Faulkner
- Motivation is when you dreams put on work clothes. - Milton Berle
- I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires. - Kahlil Gibran
- All our dreams can come true it we have the courage to persue them. - Walt Disney
- There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other. - Douglas H. Everett
You Can Be Whatever
You Want To Be!
There is inside you
all of the potential
to be whatever you want to be,
all of the energy
to do whatever you want to do.
Imagine yourself as you would like to be,
doing what you want to do,
and each day, take one step
towards your dream.
And though at times it may seem too
difficult to continue,
hold on to your dream.
One morning you will awake to find
that you are the person you dreamed of,
doing what you wanted to do,
simply because you had the courage
to believe in your potential
and to hold on to your dream.
~ Donna Levine ~
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
- French Proverb -
"If you can imagine it,
you can achieve it;
if you dream it,
you can become it."— William Arthur Ward
- Nick Vujicic, Living Life With Purpose:An Inspiratio...
The students were squirming, chatting, and trying to figure out how to text without being spotted. They were waiting for the little film clip to begin. You could tell by their faces that they thought it was going to be one more run of the mill...
- How to Achieve Goals the Fun Way!
Creative and fun ways to work toward achieving your goals. Use these fun goal charts to track your success. Learn different ways to track progress and how sharing goals with others can help you complete your goal!
- Goals Verses Dreams: How to Set Goals for Agility an...
Do you know the difference between goals and dreams? Knowing that difference can sharpen your mental game in dog agility and other canine sports. Learn about setting goals and the importance of dreams.
- How To Achieve Your Dreams And Goals In Life
Oh yes, everyone has dreams and goals in their life that they want to achieve, but are you willing to go that extra mile or two to achieve them? So many people have big dreams and goals in their life but...
© 2011 Susan Hazelton