- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Poems & Poetry
Embarrassing Moment (Limerick)
Embarrassing Moment: Setting The Background
You are walking down the street in a big city, such as New York City or Los Angelos. There are people everywhere, but you do not seem to notice. The Limerick starts now...
Did That Really Just Happen?
You are walking cheerfully down the street
Without a care in the world you must meet
So you begin daydreaming
A tune you start singing
And then it happens, trip over your feet
Embarrassing Moments: Has This Ever Happened To You?
This above scenario has happened to me before. It hasn't been in New York City, thank goodness! This limerick was constructed for two purposes. One, just for a good laugh. But, two to poke some fun at ourselves. Can you think of a time in your life when you were embarrassed? If so, please share in the comments! Laughter is the best medicine! So, why not laugh at ourselves sometimes? When embarrassing moments happen in my life, I try to play it off and join in the laughter.
I will start off by sharing an experience in my life. I had just arrrived back at college after having been gone for the summer. I was walking by someone who I was friends with. We hung out several times the previous school year and had a blast together. The student waved and said, "Hey Josh!" as he was walking towards me. My response was, "Heyyyy....." (Yes, I had forgotten his name!) I played it off by asking him how his summer went and the whole series of questions we always ask people we haven't seen in a while. (I am going to go off on a bunny trail for a moment here, if you do not mind...You do not mind? Great! Here goes! Why do we always ask these questions? The answers are always, "Oh it was great!" Or, "It was awesome, thanks." You get my drift, anways, that is all I wanted to say. Thanks for letting me go off subject for a minute, you are the best!) Fortunately, shortly thereafter, I remembered his name again.
Have you thought of an embarrassing moment in your life to share with us?
Embarrassing Moments: Celebrities
1. Mel Gibson was booted from his acting role in the movie, "Hangover 2" because of some racial slurs that he was caught saying to his girfriend. That is sad and embarrassing, especially with Mel Gibson being so well known. Forgetting some one's name does not look so bad anymore.
2. Olympic Gold Medalist Cameon van der Burgh admitted to cheating in the 100 meter breaststroke that he set a world record for a few days ago. This is how he tried to defend himself.(so embarrassing!) "If you're not doing it, you're falling behind," van der Burgh said. "It's not obviously — shall we say — the moral thing to do, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my personal performance and four years of hard work for someone that is willing to do it and get away with it."
3.Paris Hilton was caught with a bag of cocaine falling out of her purse. She tried to get away with it by saying it was a bag of gum. Really? A bag of gum?
4. Charlie Sheen trashed a hotel room because he was in a drunken stupor. That is not even the most embarrassing part! His representative Stan Rosenfield responded to the issue by saying he had "an adverse allergic reaction to some medication."
5. Lady Gaga wrapped herself in a "meat dress" to receive her award at the MTV Music Awards. A meat dress? Are you serious Gaga? I sometimes wonder about celebrities these days.
Until Next Time!
I hope you have enjoyed this limerick friends! Have a great day and try not to do anything embarrassing! But, if you do, remember to join in the laughter. Laughter is the best medicine! Until Next Time!