- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Family Love and Family Quotes
Family love is the strongest type of love. A mother and fathers love for their child, the love of a husband and wife, a child for it's sibling, a child's love for their mother and father. All of these need to be nurtured, encouraged, and supported.
Where else do you receive unconditional love and support? Our family is a great place to go for love, comfort and understanding. After all, they are the people that know you best.
The gift of a family
- Family is not an important thing. It's the only thing. ~ Michael J. Fox
- You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~ Desmond Tutu
- A happy family is but an earlier heaven. ~ George Bernard Shaw
- My family is my strength and my weakness. ~ Aishwarya Rai
- Family is the most important thing in the world. ~ Princess Diana
Funny Family Quotes
- Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops. ~ Cary Grant
- The great advantage of living in a large family is that early lesson of life's essential unfairness. ~ Nancy Mitford
- Families a like a box of fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~ Unknown
- Family life is a little bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining. ~ Robert Brault
- A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. ~ Odgen Nash
The love of a family
- The family is one of nature's masterpieces. ~ George Santayana
- The only rock that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family. ~ Lee Iacocca
- Some of the most important conversations I've ever had occurred at my family's dinner table. ~ Bob Ehrlich
- You go through life wondering what it is all about but at the end of the day it's all about family. ~ Rod Stewart
- No family is perfect...we argue, we fight. We even stop talking to each other at times, but in the end, family is family...the love will always be there.
The need for family
- Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. ~ Brad Henry
- In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony. ~ Eva Burrows
- Family ties are cherished things, forged in childhood days, by love of parents, deep and true, and sweet familiar ways. ~ Terri Burritt
- Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~ Jane Howard
- You should never sacrifice three things: your family, your heart, your dignity... ~ Unknown
The craziness of family
- If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, you know, we're all right. We are dang near royalty. ~ Jeff Foxworthy
- Before most people start boasting about their family tree, they usually do a good pruning job. ~ O A Battista
- A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it. ~ Mary Carr
- Some family trees have beautiful leaves, and some have just a bunch of nuts. Remember, it is the nuts that make the tree worth shaking.
- In a big family the oldest child is kind of like the first pancake. If it's not perfect, that's ok, there are a lot more coming along. ~ Antonin Scalia
Todays Family Structures
This lens wouldn't be complete without me mentioning the changes in the nuclear family. Over the years family structures have changed from the 'Leave it to Beaver' and 'Happy Days' type of family. The one who has a mom, dad, and kids all living happily together in the same house. Sadly, this type of family is no longer the norm. We now have several different variations of that nuclear family.
All to often the single parent family is showing up as a family structure. It comes about for many reasons, the most prevalent is divorce or because the mother is not married. This type of family tends to be close. For while my girls and I formed a single parent family because of divorce.
Step family are common these days. Over half of all marriages end in divorce, many chose to remarry. This forms the family that is a blending of two separate families. Children from two separate families and two parents. This is the type of family I belong to now. It's a lot of work but boy is it worth it.
There are many grandparents raising their grandchildren now days for one reason or the other. This family consists of grandparents, grandchildren, and sometimes aunts, uncles, and cousins.
There are oodles of family groupings or structures out there these days. My belief is as long as you feel like a family, and love like a family, you are a family.
- Lessons on Family, Love and Marriage
This Easter I stepped out of my comfort zone and in the process I got to learn a few new lessons and remember some old ones. All of them centered around love, family and friends. Been the workaholic that I am I planned to spend most of the Easter...
- Love Comes Full Circle: The Importance of Family Lov...
The urge to love and be loved is one we are born with. But how we love is something we learn, and how we experience love is shaped by our past experiences and by those we care about. For many, the word “love” brings to mind romantic love, yet...
- Strained Family Relationships; When To Cut The Ties
In just a few words...family defines us. It's a significant part of who we are to the core. Unfortunately many people have been faced with the excruciating decision of whether or not to continue a strained family relationship- it could be a parent,..
- Family sayings
* Insanity is inherited, you get it from your children. - Anon * Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. - Anon *If you don't believe in ghost, you've never been to a family...