- Books, Literature, and Writing
Buying Comics - Buy Fantastic Four Comic Books
Fantastic Four Comics
Fantastic Four is a group of superheroes that appear in Marvel comics. The superhero team was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1961, and they have continued to maintain popularity through the 2000s.
Fantastic Four comics feature four main individuals who gained super powers after being exposed to cosmic rays during a scientific mission to outer space.
- Mr. Fantastic- (Reed Richards) the group's leader is a scientific genius who can stretch his body to incredible lengths and shapes
- The Invisible Woman- (Susan "Sue" Storm) is Reed's wife who can make herself and others invisible and project powerful force fields
- The Human Torch- (Johnny Storm) is Sue's younger brother who can generate flames, surround himself with them, and fly
- Thing- (Ben Grimm) is a friend who possesses superhuman strength and endurance due to his stone-like flesh
This dysfunctional and loving family is able to pull together in spite of their bickering and grudges and fight the bad guys. They are famous for their continuous battles with Doctor Doom, Galactus, Namor, Silver Surfer, and Skrulls.
The Fantastic Four is a loved comic, which is no wonder why the comic books are popular collectors pieces in comic book collections.
Buying Comic Books
When looking to buy comic books, there are many places to look, but depending on if you're just looking for a comic to read or one to collect, the location will vary. If you want collector's comic books, mass production books from the grocery store or book store probably won't be the best place to find a rare comic book, but if you just want something to read, a local store is the best place to find a comic book.
Other places to find comic books can include: comic book stores, comic book expos, pawn shops, eBay, online collector's websites, yard sales, and other comic book collectors.
If you're looking to buy a comic book to add to a collection, you want to be careful of what you purchase because if you don't know what you're looking for, you can easily get ripped off.
- Classic titles are good titles to invest in because they have a wide fan base and a limited number. (Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spider Man, Superman, Iron Man, etc.)
- Old doesn't necessarily mean valuable.
- Limited and rare comics are good to invest in because there aren't many of them. They don't even have to be in pristine condition because they are limited, meaning not many people have them, and a lot of people want them.
- Condition of the comic book can determine the value depending on the edition, number produced, and overall popularity of the comic book. In some cases, you want pristine books without tears, missing covers, and without any page discoloration, but in other cases, really rare and limited comic books can be just as valuable if not more without being in pristine condition. Your knowledge of comic books will come in handy here.
When investing in comic books, you want to make sure that you know the editions when buying them. Some of the different editions can be more valuable than others.
- Variant covers can be valuable and actually rank in more than a normal cover comic book.
- First issues are often the most sought after editions in a series.
- Hot comics by new authors and writers or a new series can sometimes be quite valuable.
- CGC comics are graded on a scale from 0 to 10, and the higher the Comics Guaranty Company rates the comic, the more valuable it is.
When buying comic books, you want to be careful of what you purchase, especially if you plan on purchasing the comic books for a future investment. If you plan on being a casual collector, then have fun with it, as you probably won't spend as much time in logistics of collecting as a obsessive collector will.