- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
How important is Fidelity?
Statistics of Infidelity
- 22 percent of married men have strayed at least once during their married lives.
- 14 percent of married women have had affairs at least once during their married lives.
- 70 percent of married women and 54 percent of married men did not know of their spouses' extramarital activity.
- Men feel guiltier following sexual infidelity, while women feel guiltier after emotional transgression.
- 90 percent of Americans believe adultery is morally wrong.
- Women say that they'd be more likely to leave if they found out their partner was sleeping with someone else.
- 17 percent of divorces in the United States are caused by infidelity.
- Those who divorce because of infidelity rarely marry the person with whom they are having the affair.
- It is estimated that 53% of all people will have one or more affairs during their lifetime.
- 74% of men say they would have an affair if they knew they wouldn't get caught.
- 68% of women say they would have an affair if they knew they wouldn't get caught.
- 2 to 3 percent of all children are the product of infidelity.
Is Fidelity Important to a Relationship?
Fidelity is complete emotional commitment, trust, and respect between two people. It also means refraining from physical contact with another. The emotional connection is one of the most important aspects of a good relationship. You put your trust, hopes, dreams, and heart in the hands of the other person.
Th effects of infidelity on a relationship can be devastating. Overcoming the feelings of betrayal can be near impossible for some to overcome. For some it means the end of a relationship, the pain is too much to bear. It is one of the primary causes of divorce in the United States.
- Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable than fidelity. Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind. - Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Fidelity is a gift not a requirement. - Lilli Palmer
- True hapiness...is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. - Helen Keller
- Another of our highly prized virtues is fidelity. We are immensely pleased with ourselves when we are faithful. - Ida Wylie
- Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. It demands greater heroism than war. It demands greater fidelity to the truth and a much more perfect purity of conscience. - Thomas Merton
- The lover heals the world not by a vague and abstract love for everybody and everything, but by becoming passionate and vowing fidelity to concrete relationships, persons, institutions, and places. - Sam Keen
- Fidelity - a virtue peculiar to those who are about to be betrayed. - Ambrose Bierce
- Well, if you're suspecting you lover is having an affair, it's definately devastating. It's really a terrible, terrible feeling because you have no control. - Amanda Seyfried
- It is not difficult to deceive the first time, for the deceived possesses no antibodies; unvaccinated by suspicion, she overlooks lateness, accepts absurd excuses, permits the flimsiest patching to repair great rents in the quotidian. - John Updike
- Never tell a loved one of an infidelity: you would be badly rewarded for your troubles. Although one dislikes being deceived, one likes even less to be undeceived. - Ninon De Lenclos
- Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love: it is the faithless who know love's tragedies. - Oscar Wilde
- My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em. - Loretta Lynn
- The heart of a cheater is empty and hollow. - Anonymous
The warning sign of infidelity
- not being able to look you in the eyes
- changing physical appearance
- serious change in moods
- your sex life has disappeared
- spending less time at home
- secrecy with use of phone or computer
- seems to be more short-tempered
- avoiding conversations about your relationship
- when at home seeming to be restless
- begins hiding credit card charges and cash withdrawals
How to prevent infidelity
If you are the one tempted:
- Make your relationship your number one priority.
- Make a list of the person you are attracted to's annoying habits.
- Always be honest.
- Talk positively about your spouse.
- Introduce your husband to the other person. It makes it harder to cheat when they know each other.
- Make a list of all of your spouses good points.
- Talk to your spouse about your marital relationship - make future plans.
- Never be alone with the other person.
To help keep your spouse from temptation:
- Make your relationship your number one priority.
- Plan frequent outings for just the two of you.
- Dress and look your best.
- If your spouse is talking about another way to much, make plans to meet them.
- Don't lend out your husband/wife to help another without you going along.
- When apart, make sure you talk often.
- Mark your territory. When with others that may be competition, hold his/her hand, put your arm around them.
- Make your spouse feel needed and appreciated.
- Interest yourself in your spouses interests.
- Maken sure he/she has a couple of fun photos of you and the two of you together.
- Infidelity and Emotional Affairs
Infidelity in all forms is hurtful, but the emotional affair can be just as painful to a marriage as full sexual affair. It is the loss of trust, the holding of secrets and the lies that hurts the most no matter how far of a line you have crossed or.
- Infidelity...Reasons Wives Cheat
One of the biggest reasons that parnters divorce in today’s world is infidelity, Wives are just as likely to stray from the marriage as their husbands, and knowing the most common reasons may just help you both save your marriage before or even...
- Infidelity....Why Husbands Cheat
Infidelity As the biggest cause of Divorce, Knowing why men cheat may be the very information wives and brides to know to save their relationships, as most of the causes for infidelity can be prevented with a bit of time, work and love. ...
- Cultivating Intimate Relationships - Fidelity the Fo...
Fidelity is a key important factor to cultivating close, intimate relationships. Cultivating close, intimate relationships in this fragmented world of instant gratification and incessant busyness is difficult. There are so many distractions, so...
- MARITAL FIDELITY WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN?
Most people expect marriage mates to be sexually faithful to each other. This view of marital fidelity agrees with the bible, which says: “Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement. Is refraining from sex...