For AG, a Love Note to My Third Granddaughter
Granddaughter, Brand New, So Sweet, So Unique--
You are an Immeasurably Precious Grandchild to Us!
Such an extraordinary treasure-
You are held close inside our hearts!
Second pink daughter
To our son and his wife (your father,
And dear mom), another sweetheart!
Cherished dear sister,
To your wonderful big sister,
Mysterious babe, lone concert.
Her new visitor
Here to stay, protected, secure,
You will keep one and all alert!
Sweet, sweet baby grandchild, even in prayer words cannot convey
How priceless and loved you are, yet, our Heavenly Father knows!
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
So named because truly, the Lord’s grace is our only complete joy, I thank and praise God for you, my fourth grandchild. Praying God’s Word over you will be one of the great joys of my life and I look forward to seeing you grow in the knowledge of His Word.
May His grace continue to guard you now at your beginning, growing and carrying you throughout your life, entirely enveloping you in His loving leadership that protects and grows you in every good way.
May His Word guide you as you prayerfully read it, becoming your life-giving food and drink for all of your times and blessing you with a fruitfulness that magnifies His Name and Word in and through you.
May each new unfolding of His truths in your heart and mind equip you to depend more fully on Him and allow you to be a leader among your peers for His glory.
May the awareness of His presence encourage you as you walk with Him day by day, strengthening you in your walk with Him, and may you live out the song of grace that is the birthright of your name.
May His Spirit give you the understanding that protects you from any knowledge that is not His and all wisdom that does not come from Him, helping to ensure that His good gifts will be yours through His Son, Jesus the Christ.
Word Study: Secure
The word secure can be used as an adjective or a verb meaning to fastened tightly or to attach to something, respectively. In this poem there is a sense of both in its usage. Dictionary.com's thesaurus provides us with more insight.
Coming from Latin in its original form to our English, the word secure in other languages provides interesting angles to consider. One of my favorites comes from Italy where secure can mean confident and/or tranquil. In Somali the word secure is written aamin, and the Japenese meaning ranges from safety to quietness.
English words that can convey the same meaning as secure include protected, sheltered, guarded, and shielded. You can understand why I would have the full meaning of this word in mind as I wrote this poem for dear little AG.
For the Children:
- Playing Nice: What's the Truth?
It is hard to believe that the utterly stupid idea, “be nice and others will be nice to you” is still taught to children. Playing nice is important, as long as children play nice safely.
- Children: The Hope of Our Future in a Few Short Paragraphs?
Americans are letting our children, the hope of our future, slip into the recycle bins of other cultures.
More for Grandchildren:
More poems and some projects for special grandchildren:
• For my grandson, with love, from Grandmama, T's page.
• For my first granddaughter, with love, from Grandmama, EM's page.
• For my second granddaughter, with love, from Grandmama, CW's page.
• For my third grandson, with love, from Grandmama, BE's page.
• Hymns for a Kid's Heart CD and book set, from Joni & Friends.
• Passion Hymns for a Kid's Heart CD/book set, Joni & Friends.
• Make a painted bib for your granddaughter--see these instructions and photos.
• Paint a baby girl's t-shirt for any holiday--with instructions and photos.
• Sew a tiny tote for tiny girl's gift--includes detailed instructions with photos.
• Any mom and baby would appreciate these blankets--a series of crochet-edged receiving-type blankets.
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀