For My First Granddaughter, With Love to EM
Grandmama Loves You Dearly, EM,
springing out so cleverly,
Sweet chatty words,
Your bubbly ideas
chase pink wiggles!
Precious Girl Growing Up!
eyes dancing blueberries,
working to make pies,
reaching for the skies.
Smart feet bouncing
to take a romping journey,
Red hair trailing,
trying to keep up.
"Wait just a bit!"
"Careful when you jump!"
Tired babe fades
in swirls of luminosity,
cuddling spent girl
in my lap curled.
As I softly sing love’s song of prayer.
More for Grandchildren:
• For my grandson, with faithful love from Grandmama.
• For my second granddaughter, with abundant love from Grandmama.
• For my third granddaughter, with deep love from Grandmama.
• For my second grandson, with great love from Grandmama.
• For my third grandson, with much love from Grandmama.
• Hymns for a Kid's Heart CD and book set, from Joni & Friends.
• Passion Hymns for a Kid's Heart CD and book set, from Joni & Friends.
Grandmama Profoundly Loves You
Dearest EM in all the World,
Since first writing your poem I've watched you grow into a little girl who is everything and more than I knew you would be! Your delightful ways and eagerness to learn, your brilliant creativity and willingness to think analytically, all point to an amazing future with much potential in life.
As you learn and grow I continue to pray for you, asking God to grant you a heart filled with deep understanding of what He has revealed to mankind about Himself so that your precious feet go safely in the way of His Word. May all that you think and do be pleasing to Him, that by keeping His Word you will have His promised great reward through His Son, Jesus the Christ.
As the chapters of the book of your life are written I pray that you will become so engaged with your Creator and God that your life of grace will be able to grace all you meet with His glory. May your days honor Him, that all His good words may be fulfilled to you as your path grows ever brighter. May your life be a praise to His goodness and mercy, and may His grace be the health and beauty of your life.
Who made the raindbow, EM? :)
- Daily Light on the Daily Path: A Devotional Book Like No Other
Daily Light on the Daily Path is topically arranged Scripture with morning and evening readings outlined for each day.
- Children: The Hope of Our Future in a Few Short Paragraphs?
Americans are letting our children, the hope of our future, slip into the recycle bins of other cultures. robertatalloni
- Playing Nice: What's the Truth?
It is hard to believe that the utterly stupid idea, be nice and others will be nice to you is still taught to children.