Forgiveness Quotes and Sayings
- Most of us can forgive and forget, we just don't want the other person to forget that we forgave. ~ Ivern Ball
- Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting. ~ Arthur Ward
- Forgiving is not forgetting. It's just letting go of the hurt. ~ Unknown Author
- To forgive all is as inhuman as to forgive none. ~ Seneca
- Forgive and Forget. ~ Proverb
- How unhappy is he who cannot forgive himself. ~ Publilius Syrus
- Forgiveness is the economy of the heart...forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits. ~ Hannah Morre
- To carry a grudge is like being stung to death by one bee. ~ William H. Walton
- There is no point in burying a hatchet if you're going to put up a marker on the site. ~ Sydney Harris
- People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than for being right. ~ Joanne Kathleen Rowling
- Unforgiveness is the poison you drink every day hoping that the other person will die. ~ Debbie Ford
- It is a very delicate job to forgive a man without lowering him in his own estimation and your too. ~ Henry Wheeler Shaw
- My desire is to stand up and brush myself off when I make mistakes and ask for forgiveness. ~ Janine Taylor
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- We achieve inner health only through forgiveness - the forgiveness not only of others but also ourselves. ~ Joshua Loth Liebman
- If we practice and eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, soon the whole world will be blind and toothless. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- What do we call love, hate, charity, revenge, humanity, forgiveness? Different results of the master impulse, the necessity of securing one's self-approval. ~ Mark Twain
- Forgiveness is the answer to the child's dream of a miracle by which what is broken is made whole again, what is soiled is make clear agin. ~ Dag Hammarskjold
- It's easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. ~ William Blake
- The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wize forgive but do not forget. ~ Thomas S Szasz
- Without forgiveness life is governed by... an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation. ~ Robert Assagioli
- A reconciled friend is a double enemy. ~ Proverb
- Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. ~ Thomas A Kempis
- Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hate. It is a power that breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness. ` William Arthur Ward
- Lack of forgiveness causes almost all of our self-sabotaging behavior. ~ Mark Victor Hansen
- Christmas gift suggestions: To you enemy, forgiveness. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every shild, a good example. To yourself, respect. ~ Oren Arno
- There is no love withour forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love. Bryant H. McGill
- Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast. ~ Marlene Dietrich
- Men forget but never forgive. Women forgive but never forget. ~ Unknown Author
- Forgiving means letting go of the past. ~ Gerald Jampolshy
- The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world. ~ Marianne Williamson
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~ Honor de Balzac
- To forgive is human, to forget devine... ~ James Grand
- To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. ~ Lewis B. Smedes
- It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission. ~ Grace Hopper
- Forgiveness is the oil of relationships. ~ Josh McDowell
- Forgive people with cheer once, forgive them thereafter with pity. ~ Greg Evans
- Life is an adventure in forgiveness. ` Norman Cousins
- Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were. ~ Unknown Author
- To forgive is the highest most beautiful form of love. In return you will recieve untold peace and happiness. Robert Muller
- Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. ~ Paul Boese
- Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge. ~ Isaac Friedmann
- Forgiveness is not an emotion, it's a decision. Unknown Author
- Forgiveness... is a willingness to get over what you think should have happened and an acceptance of the reality of what actually happened. ~ Rhonda Britten
- He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much. ~ Oscar Wilde
- If I die, I forgive you. If I live we shall see. ~ Spanish Proverb
- Forgiveness is the needle that knows how to mend. ~ Jewel
- Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. ~ Peter Ustinov
- Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself. ~ Harriet Nelson
- Forgiveness Boot Camp
You can do it! "Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a permanent attitude." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Why call this boot camp? Well, I want to get the point across as being totally, unmercifully serious. I am insinuating here that...
- Benefits of Forgiveness
The effects of forgiveness are being studied by many researchers and, whether you are religious or not, it has many benefits.
- How to Forgive From the Heart - Main Technique (Part...
This article walks you through step-by-step on how to truly forgive anyone, for anything...even yourself.
- I Forgive You, Do You Forgive Me?
I received a message in the comment section of my hub: http://koffeeklatchgals.hubpages.com/hub/Forgiveness-Quotes-and-Sayings I was intrigued by the thought of a positive, uplifting documentary which would give people a chance to forgive and be...
- How To Forgive, Tips and Quotes
bing.com/images To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. - Lewis B. Smedes I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note -...
© 2010 Susan Hazelton