35 Funny and Humorous Quotes, Funny Sayings About Life, Death, Health and Wealth!
Life, Death, Health And Wealth
In the funny irony of life, death, health and wealth, quotes come forth. Here we have 35 of the best funny, humorous, funny sayings on life, death, health and wealth.
Humor is a way to overcome the sadness of many issues. It is a way to cope. These quotes from famous people, offer a stress buster!
Instead of tears of anguish, we lift our spirits and laugh at our misgivings - turning the potential of sadness into tears of joy and laughter..
More Humorous Death Quotes
- Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.' Groucho Marks
- 'Heaven, as conventionally conceived, is a place so inane, so dull, so useless, so miserable, that nobody has ever ventured to describe a whole day in heaven, though plenty of people have described a day at the seaside!' George Bernard Shaw
- 'Get my swan costume ready!' On her deathbed, Anna Pavlova
- 'I'm prepared to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.' Winston Churchill 1949
- 'It's a funny old world - a man's lucky if he gets out of it alive.' W C Fields quoted from 'Your Telling Me' , 1934.
- 'Most people would die sooner than think, in fact, they do'. Bertrand Russell.
Best Funny Death Quotes
One thing is for certain, death and taxes.
- 'Death is the most convenient time to tax rich people' - David Lloyd George.
We live our life and we die. Hopefully, you would have left a will, so as your loved one's obtain what you have valued so highly in your life. Many of your prized possessions are more valueable to you than money. Such sentimental value, eh? But what next?
- 'Where there's a will, there's relations'. Quote by Michael Gill
So, there they all are. Rifeling through your stuff and as your soul watches on, you think:
- 'Death is natures way of telling you to slow down' Anon Quotation.
Then the realisation dawns on you:
- 'Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?' Quoted from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead - Tom Stoppard, 1967.
What about the process of dying? This next quotation was made on his death bed:
- 'If this is dying, I don't think much of it.' - Lytton Strachey
But then some people want to be oblivious to the death thing...
- 'It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens'. Woody Allan, quoted from Without Feathers 1976.
Funny Quotes On Health Or Illness?
- 'My doctor is wonderful. Once, when I couldn't afford an operation, he touched up the X-rays.' - Joey Bishop
- 'After two days in hospital, I took a turn for the nurse.' - W.C. Fields
- 'T.B. or not T.B., That is the congestion.' - Woody Allan
- 'Hungry Joe collected lists of fatal diseases and arranged them in alphabetical order so that he could put his finger without delay on any one he wanted to worry about.' - Joseph heller
- 'Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.' - Fletcher Knebel
- 'I didn't need you to remind me of my age, I have a bladder to do that for me.' Stephen Fry.
- 'He died of cirrhosis of the liver. It costs money to die of cirrhosis of the liver.' - PG Wodehouse.
- 'Dr Sillitoe's got him on tablets for depression. It's not mental, in fact it's quite widespread. A lot of better-class people get it apparently.' - Alan Bennett from 'Enjoy' 1980.
- 'Don't knock coronaries. They're all we women have got to guarantee us a prosperous and exciting middle age.' - Malcolm Bradbury.
Best Funny Quotes On Life
Were you inspired with the selection of death quotes? Or maybe you are 'hovering between wife and death'? (Quote by James Montgomery). Well that is where we are at ... wife... err, no.. life! In this section we look at funny quotes on life!
Talking about life, what is it's meaning? I know that there are a few that have a view on this:
- 'The meaning of life is that it stops.' - Franz Kafta
- 'There is no cure for birth or death save to enjoy the interval.' - George Santayana
- 'Plan for this world as if you expect to live forever; but plan for the hereafter as if you expect to die tomorrow.' - Ibn Gabirol
- 'Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.' - Fran Lebowitz
- 'My advice to those who are about to begin, in earnest, the journey of life, is to take their heart in one hand and a club in the other'. - Josh Billings
- 'If we can't be free, we at least can be cheap.' - Frank Zappa
- 'Retirement means twice as much husband and half as much money.' - Anon
- 'Early to rise and early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead.' - James Thurber
Best Money Quotations
We all know how depressing it is when we struggle with a lack of money, but with every cloud there is a silver lining - you can always go to the bank!
- 'A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove you don't need it.' - Bob Hope
Well, if the bank can't help, they might give you sympathy, just as this traditional Jewish saying might do:
- 'If you can't help out with a little money, at least give a sympathetic groan!'
So, what about savings? It is always good to save, right? This is what Winston Churchill says on this issue:
- 'Saving is a very find thing. Especially when your parents have done it for you.' - Churchill.
Perhaps bank of mum and dad might be able to help but then...
- 'There is nothing more demoralizing than a small but adequate income.' - Edmund Wilson.
This leads us onto the problem with poverty, where even a small but adequate income, is not enough:
- 'When you don't have any money, the problem is food. When you have money it's sex. When you have both, it's health.' - J P Donleavy from The Ginger Man.
Best Quotes To Make You Laugh
Life, Death, Health And Wealth are all topics for which people have to live with. I hope these 35 of the Best quotes have helped to lighten your mood and see the funny side of life. Humour helps make the world go around and the greatest therapy of all is to laugh - lets get those endorphins raging!
© This work is covered under Creative Commons License
© 2010 shazwellyn