Great Fun Writing Sites For Teens!
See How Wattpad Works!
Wattpad is the place for teens to write, read, and chat. At Wattpad you can do a multitude of things, starting with reading. There are a gazillion books to read over at wattpad! From romance to psychological thrillers you'll be sure to find the book that you'll like or even fall in love with.
You can also:
- Post, and customize your stories. The sky is the limit! Yes, at wattpad you can write an unlimited amount of stories with a bit of flavor. To spice up your stories you can add pictures, and videos on the side (videos must be embed from youtube).
- Comment, and Vote. Leaving feedback is one of the best things about wattpad. With a strong vibrant community, most stories at wattpad are bombarded with cool, and fresh feedback that improves the writing quality. Voting is also a great way to motivate your favorite writers at Wattpad!
- Fan/Follow. Wattpad allows its members to follow other users. That way you can stay updated on the latest posts.
- Update your status. You can update your status at anytime at Wattpad, the same way you would on facebook.
- Join Clubs. At wattpad you can join clubs according to your favorite genre.
- Do much more. Yes, there are even more things that you can do over at wattpad like get featured, enter the wattpad prizes, and even join the wattys! But, I figured you'd probably want to go check all that out yourself...so what are you waiting for? Go ahead join.
Check Out Wattpad Now:
- Discover a World of Unlimited Stories
Join the Wattpad community to read, vote and chat with readers and writers for free.
Ever felt like having your voice heard (or maybe keeping it private)? Well, Diary.com is the site for you. To keep it simple, at Diary.com you can:
- Create notes, and customize them with pictures
- Follow other members
- Read your friends public diaries or notes
- share your own diaries or notes
Check out Diary Now:
Diary.com - Collect everything you love. Express yourself in one Diary for life.
Mibba directly shifts its focus towards teens, and really emphasizes on creative ability. Mibba is a great writing (and reading) site for teens as it allows you to express yourself by:
- Posting stories. Mibba adds a bit of creativity when letting its users post stories. When creating your story (after adding the title, cover image, description, etc.) at Mibba you can customize the background to your liking with the colors, and picture you feel best represents your story. You can even add images to each chapter of your story, including moving GIF images. You can also add ratings (G, PG, Or PG-13) to your stories.
- Creating Blogs. With blogs at Mibba you can basically share what's on your mind. It really takes the form of mini blogs as you can't really continue on from the same blog. Each blog post is solo.
- Sharing Poems. When you create your poems it follows the same creative format as posting stories.
- Posting Articles. Articles have a different format than stories, poems, and blogs. The article section of Mibba is created for just that--Articles. You can write about recent news, or something that you discovered that can benefit others.
- Creating tutorials. A lot of the tutorials at Mibba involve cooking recipes, but you do not have to stick to that. You can write tutorials about other things such as technology, music, makeup, fashion, etc.
- Submitting Books. The books section isn't really anything to get hyped about. All you simply do is add the books that you like (that isn't already in the database) so that others can search for it, and also comment on what they liked about it (so, like goodreads except not as good).
Check Out Mibba Now:
- Mibba: Creative writing
Mibba is a creative writing site designed for authors to share their stories, poems and articles and gain feedback from a growing audience.
Check Out Figment!
Figment is a place for teens to write and read stories online. Figment has teamed up with a website formerly known as Inkpop to engage more members in its community, and unite teen book lovers.
You can share stories or create your own, connect with other readers, and discover new stories, and authors.
At Figment you can not only rate, and comment on the stories you have read, but you can also heart it (remind you of something?). Along with that you can express how the story made you feel such as if it made you laugh, cry, shiver, blush or just go "wow." You can like, tweet, and email the stories listed on Figment if you really enjoyed them. At Figment you can also:
- Participate in contests
- Join groups
- Write in the forum
- Shop for Figment goodies
Check Out Figment Now:
Do you like taking quizzes?
Quizilla is hosted by teennick, and is a pretty good site to join if your looking to pass some time. Quizilla is packed with fun quizzes, and stories so you'll really be in for some good entertainment.
Though if you're in the mood to read a really great story you'll be pushing your luck, and would need to prepare yourself for a bowl of confusion. Why? Well the site is kind of loaded with fanfics (and trust me, they will get quite annoying), a lot of the writing is bad, and some stories are scattered across the website. Chapter one of a story might be all the way on page 5 of the website while chapter 5 can be on page 180!
All in all, these are only the issues I find wrong with the site (you might not mind it at all) so don't let that discourage you from checking it out. At Quizilla you can:
- Create Quizzes
- Post Stories
- Post Fanfics
- Post Lyrics
- Create Polls
- Make Surveys
Check Out Quizilla Now:
Create original quizzes, stories, fanfic, lyrics, polls and surveys on Quizilla.
Have You Ever Used Protagonize Before?
Protagonize is home to over 22,500 members from around the world. Here teens, and authors join a creative writing community dedicated to writing different forms of collaborative, and interactive fiction. It goes a little like this:
- when you create a form of collaborative fiction many of your friends along with authors can join in on the fun.
- They can contribute to the story by adding different segments from where you left off in the story.
Protagonize make it very easy to collaborate with different authors, and connect to a variety of readers as well as sharing your work with others within the community, and your friends outside of the writing community.
Check Out Protagonize Now:
- Protagonize, creative writing community
Protagonize is a creative writing community dedicated to writing various forms of collaborative, interactive fiction. Get creative and unleash your inner author!
Writing Vs. Reading:
Are you a writer or a reader?
WritersCafe is nice online writing community where you can freely post your poems (there are plenty in there), novels, short stories, and more.
They have a very friendly community who will nicely review/comment on your posts. Another great thing about WritersCafe is that you can search for publishers, and literary agents to take a look at the story that you are posting. You can even search for literary magazines.
If you feel like you need help improving your writing, and aren't ready for a literary agent to take a look at your stories you can subscribe to free writing courses to get you ready to take that next step.
There are hundreds of free writing contests to take part in, and you can save your favorite stories, and just as easily share it with your friends. There are also additional features at WritersCafe like:
- Writing Scripts
- Writing Screen Plays
- Entering Contests
- Joining Writing Groups
- Saving your favorite reads to your library
Check Out WritersCafe Now:
Can't Get Enough? Check out these related articles.
- 40 of the Best Websites for Young Writers
People searching for 40 of the Best Websites for Young Writers found the following related articles and links useful.
© 2014 Kernia Belizaire