Kindness Poem | Haiku Poetry About Compassion
Her soul touches mine
My heart listens to her heart
My eyes cry with hers
* * *
Somewhere deep inside
I feel the weeping heartache
Torn apart by pain
* * *
Grief stricken body
alters our heart rhythm for
ever and ever
December 1, 2008
Poet, student of kabbalah, & homeopath
* * *
Today's Haiku was inspired by Tzvi Freeman's
Thought for Today about Compassion
"What is the difference between kindness and compassion?
Kindness gives to another.
Compassion knows no "other"."
* * *
Definition: Compassion: Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it.
Comment: Can simply listening help relieve another person's suffering?
Question: Is compassion without judgment?
* * *
- All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives. Dalai Lama
- Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama
- Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves. Mason Cooley
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. Dalai Lama
- But a compassion for that which is not and cannot be useful and lovely, is degrading and futile. Ralph Waldo Emerson
* * *
From the moment the heart begins beating until the moment it stops at death, the human heart pumps the lifeblood throughout the body. In an average lifetime, the heart beats more than two and a half billion times. In times of stress the pressure builds up, the heart beats faster and harder to move the blood. Under great stress the heart may stop. We do not ask it to beat, yet it keeps us alive as a constant companion. Take a moment of silence to feel the wonder ~ to meditate on the heart. Can you hear or feel it beating?
Modern medicine and technology understands some of the mechanisms and can make repairs to the organ itself. However, the emotional impacts and changes are beyond man's capacity to change. Only compassion can heal and assist the deeper aspect of our life's blood.
* * *
Give thanks for the heart's majesty.
copy right Debby Bruck
Rhythmic Light Show
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM is a student of Kabbalah and Homeopath. She loves qigong, healing movement, guided imagery, and meditation. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
- Happiness is Contagious: What To Do When You Step In...
- Poetry Spirit In G-d's Name
With time you could easily write one hundred ways you turn toward G-d. His Spirit is all around us. Why do I abbreviate G-d's name?
- Twitter: Why Twitter is Special
This hub is in response to Anath who wrote,
- Earth Day Slogans Evolve with Each EarthDay Birthday...
Join this international awareness campaign. Take a poll on your favorite EarthDay Slogans. Give us some suggestions of your own.
- Haiku: Morning Prayer
Begin Your Day with a short Prayer of Gratitude. Acknowledge That You are Alive Through the Grace of G-d. Awaken with song.
- Haiku: The Red Hen
Haiku, the short three line poem, motivates me to finish a poem. Ethical themes of hard work to produce a finish product are told through fables.
- Haiku Poetry: Ki Tavo
Haiku poetry. Structured by three consecutive lines of 5-7-5 syllables each. Inspiration for life from nature, family, Torah and everyday events.
- Haiku Poetry: Compassion
Haiku poetry on compassion. Structured by three consecutive lines of 5-7-5 syllables each. Inspiration for life from nature, family, Torah and everyday events.
- Haiku: Night Sky Conjunction
December 01, 2008 a 3-degree triangular conjunction was formed between the Moon, Venus, and Jupiter that inspired poetry. Simultaneously, homeopathy makes its mark on healing AIDS patients in Tanzania, Africa.
- Haiku: Planetary Alignment
Haiku Wealthy Jupiter heats and expands our systems Voluminous fire * * * Sweet moon gazes on her cheshire cat smile above with a twinkling eye * * * Venus' not lonely conjucture with the...