- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
The Road To Happiness
Setting Goals On The Road To Happiness
We all deserve happiness. It is human nature to strive for it. Here are a few tips to help you travel down that Road to Happiness.
- Decide that you are worthy of happiness
- Stop assuming that you know what others think and feel
- Be grateful for what you have
- Focus on the good things in your life
- Let go of what you cannot change
- Focus on what you can change
- Open your mind to new possibilities
- Make happiness a goal, you can achieve it
- Believe that all people are equal in value and worth by virtue of being human
- Remember that other poeple's actions speak about them, not you
- Do not judge either yourself or other people
- Be curious
- Communicate, ask questions and listen
- Let go of what you should or should not have done
- Appreciate the moment
- Take chances
- Remember that being human means making mistakes
- Remember that if you ask for what you want, accept what you get, you will get what you need
Happiness quotes and sayings
- Some pursue happiness, others create it. - Author Unknown
- The happy man is not he who seems thus to others, but who seems thus to himself. - Publilius Syrus
- The fact is always obvious much too late, but the most singular difference between happiness and joy is that happiness is a solid and joy is a liquid. - J. D. Salinger
- Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln
- We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements in life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. - Charles Kingsley
- Real elation is when you feel you could touch a star without standing on tiptoe. - Doug Larson
- Be happy. It's one way of being wise. - Colette
- Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it. - William Feather
- Happiness comes from spiritual wealth, not material wealth...Happiness comes from giving, not getting. If we try to bring happiness to others, we cannot stop it from coming to us also. To get joy, we must give it, and to keep joy, we must scatter it... - John Templeton
- Happiness? That's nothing more than health and a poor memory. - Albert Schweitzer
- The greatest happiness you can have is knowing that you don't necessarily require happiness. - William Saroyan
- If you search the world for happiness, you may find it in the end, for the world is round and will lead you back to your door. - Robert Brault
- Happiness is not having what you want. It is wanting what you have. - Rabbi Hyman Schachtel
- You cannot always have happiness, but you can always give happiness. - Author Unknown
- There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want ; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. - Logan Pearsall Smith
- The world is full of people looking for spectacular happiness while they snub contentment. - Doug Larson
- The really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour. - Unknown Author
- Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make someone else happy. - Gretta Brooker Palmer
- Happiness is not in our circumstance but in ourselves. It is not something we see, like a rainbow, or feel, like the heat of a fire. Happiness is something we are. - John B. Sheerin
- Ask yourself whether you're happy and you cease to be so. - John Stuart Mill
- There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness. - Lady Blessington
- The search for happiness is unlike any other search, for we search last in the likeliest places. - Robert Brault
- The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. - James Openheim
- Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead. - Scottish Proverb
- To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance. - Buddha
- Happiness is never stopping to think if you are. - Palmer Sondreal
- The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness. - Eric Hoffer
- Happiness, that grand mistress of the ceremonies in the dance of life, impels us through all its mazes and meanderings, but leads none of us by the same route. - Charles Caleb Colton
- Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. - Oscar Wilde
- When you're really happy, the birds chirp and the sun shines even on cold dark winter nights - and flowers will bloom on a barren land. - Grey Livingston
- The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin
- Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination. - Immanuel Kant
- Happiness is a function of accepting what is. - Werner Erhard
- There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. - Freya Stark
- Happiness is like the penny candy of our youth; we got a lot more for our money back when we had no money. - Mignon McLaughlin
- Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. -Robert Brault
Making Positive Changes Simplified
- Set small attainable goals
- Reward your progress
- Enlist the support of those around you
- Don't give up.
Questions To Ask Yourself On Your Road To Happiness
- How do I define Happiness?
- What is the best way for me to obtain is?
- Who is happy...happier...happiest?
- What will not lead me to Happiness?
- Has my definition of Happiness changed over the years?
- The Pursuit of Happiness: Everybody Wants to be Happ...
Everybody wants to be happy. The Pursuit of Happiness is an important individual right. Social Science has studied the keys to happiness. What makes us happy? Family, Religion, Government, Diversity?
- How to Live Stress Free and Happy
In How to Live Stress Free and Happy you'll discover the surprising cause of stress, its symptoms and some simple tips on how to be free of stress totally naturally.
- 25 Ways to Improve Your Mood: How to Boost Happiness...
Quick and easy ways to lift your mood. These ideas are also inexpensive.
- Does Money Buy Happiness?
Is there an answer to this, one of life’s great mysteries? Those of us who don’t have much money will probably announce that happiness is not about money at all. That’s because we don’t know any better, having never had the means to try to...
- What is Happiness? How to Find Happiness?
The dictionary defines happiness as