- Books, Literature, and Writing
How to write a thank you note to your teacher?
Writing a thank, you note to your teacher needs a lot of thought and consideration. You will want to convey your feelings and state what you are thankful for.
Writing a thank you note is very easy when you know what exactly you want to write. More importantly writing with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation's will make your teacher all the happier.
Starting your thank you note
Start your letter by addressing your teacher in a kind and gracious way.
For example -
- Dear Ms.Susan
- Dear Mr. Jeremy
- Dear teacher
Do not start with an informal "Hi!!" or "Hello". Always address your teacher with respect.
Write the date at the left-hand corner in any one of the following formats -
- 12 November 2012
Write what you want to convey
Make a rough draft and note down all that you want to convey in your letter and what are the reasons for which you are thanking your teacher.
For example -
- Making me understand difficult concepts in Maths
- Helping me with notes when I was sick
- Guiding me in the right direction
Transform your points into sentences without grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. Remember to spell check your thank you note
Ending your thank you note
End your thank you note by writing any one of the following -
2. Thanking You,
Sign the thank you note.
Tips to write a thank you note
A hand written thank you note will add a special touch, or you can email your teacher.
Keep in mind the following points -
- use a pen that does not blotch
- do not cut out and write again.
- draft your letter in rough before you start writing
- use recycled paper and do your bit to "Go Green."
- keep the paper on a flat surface and write neatly
- the writing need not be artistic; it must be legible
Writing a thank you note to your teacher is easy when you know how.