How to get into MEGABOOK
MEGABOOK M5 Submissions
Hello MEGABOOK Minions!
It's that time again to start thinking about submitting stories for MEGABOOK M5. But First let me say a huge THANKS to all of you who submitted your amazing work to this humble little indie publisher for MEGABOOK M4. It has been a stunning success, and continues to spread virally throughout the internet! We are definitely getting noticed and MEGABOOK is a force to recon with!
I want MEGABOOK M5 to surpass all of its predessors, we want to break the 500 page barrier if it's possible. So go out and tell all your indie buddies how awesome MEGABOOK is! Those of you who submitted for MEGABOOK M1 thru M4, you already know the rules.
Remember everyone, that those old stories collecting dust in your closet may have been seen before by your fans, but not by MEGABOOK fans. So go digging for that golden nugget from the 90's if you still have it. Stretch your publicity as faaaar as humanly possible so you can be widely read and appreciated.
Details, Details.... What I need from you, and answers to some questions
Please make sure that I have all of the following information for each of your story submissions.
- Names of all artists and writers to be credited as they should appear in the MEGABOOK M5 index.
- Pages to be formatted to standard 6x9 size with 1/8" bleed (or more). 300 dpi resolution, .tiff, jpg or eps format. Preferrably .tiff.
- Contact CE Publishing at email@example.com to get your dropbox access to upload files for review and publication
- Publishers please send me a copy of your logo so I can place it on the inside cover of the book.
- Every story gets a free ad page. So if you'd like one to sport your services as an artist/writer or publisher. You can have one (or more with approval) ad page for additional stories as a gold star prize (preferrably more than 1 page submissions please, no cheaters). Ads must follow the publishing rules as stated below for story publication.
- MEGABOOK will be submitted to DriveThru Comics (and more) on or around December 08, 2017. So please send your stories in as soon as possible. If you can, please have your stories ASAP so I can have time to finish formatting the monster by the end of 2017 maybe for Christmas... The order of the book stories will be whoever submits stories first. So don't be lazy, get your stories in early!
- Please DO NOT number your pages in your graphic, but DO number them in your file name.
Rules for MEGABOOK!
1. You own your own work. I don't want to own it, I have enough of my own stuff to keep track of, but I want to help you get your work published. You may publish your works in as many different publications as you wish, I don't care. I'm just privileged to have you aboard the MEGABOOK!
2. Some of you may know each other from past lives. Good, bad or otherwise, please be courteous to all of the members involved with MEGABOOK. All I know is that you are all my friends and that's good enough for me. Please promote and encourage all members of this new MEGABOOK society.
3. NO foul language. What I mean is basically no "F" words. Shit, Damn, Crap, Holy Shit, Nards, etc. light cussing allowable but sparingly. Keep your cursing to a PG-13 rating if possible. Remember that you are publishing stories that may be read by young readers.
4. BLOOD, GUTS, GORE, and GUNS are highly encouraged. This book is about all out ACTION, Mystery, Horror and Heroes!
5. NO SEX! NO NUDITY! Some skin is meeh, ok, (ex: read MEGABOOK M1 thru M4). Keep it as clean as possible. PLEEEZ. Think about if you'd like any of your family members or maybe how about your MOM to read MEGABOOK. I don't want to have to answer to complaints. Especially from your MOM!
6. For writing submissions with follow up artwork... Just because your script is approved doesn't mean the artwork is approved. I must approve a completed story prior to publication. And CE Publishing is NOT going to produce the artwork for your script. Sorry, I just don't have enough time.
7. You must be the owner or approved team representative for your story. If any dispute arises from any art team members or said claimants to your story, it will be pulled immediately from the publication. So please, make sure all of your team members are on board prior to your MEGABOOK submission.
8. The Publisher, CE Publishing Group, Mike Rickaby has the right to NOT print anything if he doesn't want to. But he is a nice guy as long as you play by the spirit and intent of the above rules we'll get along fine. Overlord Mike may change the rules as needed to clarify your subserviant status to the MEGABOOK EMPIRE!
OK everyone, that's it for now. Again thanks for your participation! I know this will be a MASSIVE success for us all! If you don't make it into this book it's ok, there will be another one. So don't give up on seeing your stories in print! I will be sending out updates on status and nag you for your artwork in the coming weeks.
Your Friend and Fan,
Copyright 2017 CE Publishing Group