I Swear, I Heard a Human Snore - a Limerick and more
Hubbing on the living room core
Was a penetrating loud snore
I hear and stared up
“Lower it down, STOP!”
It was my poor dog on the floor.
My dog snores like human. It's exciting and hilarious to listen that if I close my eyes, I couldn't tell that the snoring is coming from my dog. Sometimes, it is really loud that I get fooled by it. But as annoyed I could be from a man's snore, I don't find my dog's snoring abilities to be bothersome nor disturbing to me. I wonder why?
- Is it because my dog does not snore every time he is asleep?
- Maybe because my sleeping dog is priceless to me.
- His snoring though sounds like the snore of the man-of-the-house, is still adorable.
- My dog looks cute in his sleeping positions, and cuter if he is snoring.
Why does a dog snore?
God made them and didn't point his hand on dogs and say, "Listen now, Dogs, you CAN'T snore."
Dog X-Pound. The dog is overweight and nasal passage is partially blocked by the relaxing muscles and soft tissue.
Type of Breed. Some dogs have cuter but smaller noses and airways like the Pugs and Pekingese.
Allergy. The dog is likely reacting to pollens and dust.
Smoke. If someone's smoking at home, dogs get affected by smoke. If you smoke, be gentle with everyone else in the household including your dog and other pets. Please smoke outside.
Ever imagine blowing smoke to a talking parakeet? He'd say: "Hey, wha'ya doin'? Want me to blow it back at ya?"
Beverage. Strong beverage or alcohol is not for your pet. Stick with your bottle or beer can please, and don't tease your dog!
Stop your dog from snoring or just let him be? Here are some easy home remedies:
- Introduce a different sleeping position. No silly, you don't have to demonstrate it to your dog. Your dog will learn to adjust to a curled sleeping position with the help of a round-shaped bed. Just make up a round shaped or semi-curved sleeping bed for your dog. Use one old comforter and fold it in a flat but circular shape to make a round comfy bed, then roll up an old blanket making a curve around it. Now, put that money you were supposed to spend on a sleeping basket into your dog's savings jar.
- Lose the extra pounds. If you need it too, do it with your dog (just sayin'). If your dog is anti-sociable like mine and can't be around other dogs playing off-leash in a park, it is great to spend at least 15 minutes walk for the dog and that's 30 minutes total on your way back, or seclude your dog and yourself in a park or a shoreline where he can run alone and chase ball or play frisbee with you. My dog likes trail hikes too and he would just drop dead after a refreshing shower and a fine supper.
- Pollens for Bees. A perfect time for dogs to play outside and exercise is around a shady afternoon. If you've noticed that your pet is vulnerable to pollen allergies, it is safer around the hours later in the day when pollen count is lower. In my case, I'm the one who gets sneezy, so I take my dog out in the afternoons as well.
*If your dog is snoring much louder than you do, have a vet check your dog.
*If your dog is gasping for air and notice a difference in his breathing when asleep or awake, take your dog to the vet.
*If your dog coughs and sneezes continuously and it isn't normal at all, don't waste time, have a vet examine your dog.
If my dog is dreaming or having kind of nightmares, I just call out his name and say, "SIMBA, YOU'RE DREAMING!"...then he stops, and back to sleep I go.