31 Ways to Truly Have a Life
The phrase: "Get a life," is often used by some people in an insulting manner. It refers to people that spend almost all their time doing something that’s considered wasteful.
The truth is, when most people say she or he doesn’t have a life, they’re just saying, "you are not having the life they think you should be having."
You're not doing the social or nonsocial things they do, so you don't have a life.
Now this could range from, clubbing, gambling, or racing cars on the highway, getting in altercations on some beach’s boardwalk, or planking and something totally other.
The bottom line is, if you're not doing what they do, or what they think you should do, they think you aren't living.
And not everyone feels this way, but you will have someone close to you, or whom you know not only say this to you, but spread the word to all their friends and associates. And all the friend's friends, and all the associate's associates, will cackle with glee agreeing.
Well, my mini-article aims to correct this all too common misunderstanding.
31 Behaviors That Show You Have A Life
(1. You take baths and monitor your hygiene
(2. You eat your favorite breakfast, or a breakfast at all, or go to someone's house who can cook and eat their breakfast
(3. You watch the news for information, weather, or traffic conditions
(4. You set your DVR to record shows or movies
(5. You weigh yourself
(6. You think about weighing yourself
(7. You think about your weight if you don't weigh yourself
(8. You plan an outing to some place such as maybe a long cross state or cross country drive
(9. You manage your money or balance your check book
(10. You decide to spend your money blindly today
(11. You go to work, skip work, or look for work
(12. You do freelance or at-home based work
(13. You become educated (College)
(14. You get educated (College)
(15. You think about getting educated (College)
(16. You graduate and decide to go after your dreams instead of start a career
(17. You have some drinks in a bar some days
(18. You go home from work and watch your recorded shows and movies
(19. You shop for stuff you need, want, or don't need and don't really want
(20. You decide on groceries and a day to battle your way through a store
(21. You think about or go out seeking a relationship
(22. You decide to buy or adopt a pet (cat, dog, armadillo)
(23. You keep up your appearance (hair, make-up, exercise)
(24. You maintain your bills
(25. You maintain your vehicle
(26. You clean up your home or the place you live in
(27. You take a walk some days or just sit outside
(28. You decide to hike up a mountain, get halfway up and chicken-out, just to try it again another day
(29. You invite friends or family over for a weekend movie or game with dinner or brunch
(30. You spend afternoons meditating, listening to music, reading, or just napping
(31. You play your video games online or on your video console with friends or solo
What Truly Means You Are Having a Life
If you wake up in the morning, and you’re thinking about all the things that you want to do, have to do, have plans to do, or should make plans to get done; you are having a life.
The level of productiveness in your life's choices is entirely up to you. There is no set way to live. Life is all about your decisions, your time, your happiness and satisfaction.
As long as you are doing things that you need and want to do, then you are living your life.
As long as your priority is you, or if you have a family, you, your spouse and kids, then you're having a life. You are living your life.
If your priority consists of knowing what someone else is doing at their home, office, with whomever, at what time it's being done, and it’s the first thing you must know at the beginning of your day; you’re just really nosy. This doesn't mean you’re not having a life.
In my opinion, there’s really no way on this earth not to have a life unless you sit around all day and do absolutely nothing. These would be the people who go after nothing in life.
So to everyone out there, continue to live it up. And to everyone that uses the phrase, " get a life," now you know that they don't have any idea what it means to actually have one.