Control Your Anger
Why Do We Get Angry?
Angry we get
When we don't get
What we had expected.
Angry we become
When the near ones
Leave us for fun.
Anger in us is instigated
When we are irritated
With such action, that we always hated.
Anger is ignited within
When someone threats or troubles
The world that we are living in.
Anger blooms out of the heart
When we find ourselves powerless
But have a series of varied wishes.
We do feel angry
When someone else gets the credits
For the efforts and devotion of ours.
A few people get angry
When they see people reaching to the height,
That they always believed as their sole right.
Factors on Which Anger Depends
In the childhood if we have been trained
It's okay to get angry when troubled or irritated;
We behave as an insane and are frustrated,
When someone doesn't behave as we wanted.
If one is forced as a child not to complain
And go with the things as it always had been,
The suppressed anger becomes a long term problem,
And that person behaves inappropriately in every situation.
When one witnesses anger as a general outburst,
Among the adult relatives and the others of respect,
One starts getting scared with one's own reactions
And doesn't want to reveal any of the heart's expressions.
When I am Angry
I too get angry at my loved ones
I express my frustration on the innocents,
When the beast of anger within me roars
My voice becomes terrible with such hoarse,
That's enough to bring my loved ones' tears.
How to Cope Up with Anger
We all lose our control at times and then shout and yell at whoever we can. I remember my mother shouting at me at times as she used to stuck in the house hold chores throughout the day and there was no one from whom she could get help. There was no one she could talk to. So she used to release all her frustration on her kids. I have heard this thing from many of my friends.
To be honest, I too have behaved in a similar with my daughter. Day long work and loneliness within, all my frustration would come upon that little girl. By God's grace I realized soon that I was losing my daughter. I changed my ways and now I always try to be calm. It was not so easy but every time I felt I was getting angry I followed a rule set by myself:
- take long breaths and concentrate on your breaths
- recite any shloka or hymn or start praying your deity or your conscience
- drink water at that moment
- walk away from the spot for some time
- shout but not at anyone, just in an open space
- cry loudly to release the inner agitation. I read somewhere if you cry in front of any old tree or river or hills, you will find yourself much better. They soak your negativity and bless you with the charm of peace that they possess.
- tear paper or break a glass: Though it looks childish, but believe me you will really enjoy doing this and all your anger will go along with the torn paper and the broken glass. You can used unwanted newspapers and the glasses that is of no use
- listen to the music: This is one of the most common way in which people tranquilize their anger and feel better
- talk about the problems with some close friend or write it in a diary as it's very famous saying "Paper has more patience than people"
With the practice of them, I gradually transformed into a really peaceful person. The so angry stubborn lady changed into a flexible calm personality. This helped me both in my personal as well as professional life.
How Can I Control My Anger for Long Term?
Learn Your Triggers
Examine your Thought Patterns
Develop Your Communication Skills
Look at Your Lifestyle
Stay as Calm as the Nature
What Makes You Angry
Among the given instigators, what affects you the most?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Anupam Mitu