- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Poems & Poetry
Love should not hurt! A Poem about Protecting My Children from Child Abuse
In Answer to the HubMob Weekly Topic: Protecting our Children
This is a poem I wrote in the months after separating from a violent partner. My children had also been abused, and I wrote it to help myself stay strong, to remember why we needed to stay safe, and to keep sight of my goal of creating a new, happy life for myself and my kids, so that they can grow and flourish in an environment where they can live without fear in the warm, safe embrace of unconditional love. It also helped to keep me focused on the bigger picture, instead of reacting to the injustice of his continued attempts to manipulate and control me with stalking and counter-accusing me (mirroring) to shift focus away from his own appalling behavior...
Love should not hurt!
It's not about "justice"
Or "the principle of it",
So I will not react.
To do so wouldn't serve my purpose.
I've done what I had to and
I'll do what I must,
Because they asked me
To keep them safe and
I promised I would.
It was never for revenge against you.
It's not all about you;
It never was & never will be.
Nor is it about me.
It's about them & always will be.
Love should not hurt!
Please join some of my facebook groups:
- STOP the Violence Against Women & Children
- My kids are my HEROES!
- Organize to Resist! STOP the Violence Against Women & Children!!!!
- Agent of Light Family Law Special Unit Headquarters:
- I hate it when your soulmate turns out to be a psychopath
- To all the misogynists on FB (Yes, I'll wait while you get the dictionary)
- Pets are part of the family and suffer from family violence along with us!
- Pro gays, lesbians, hetrosexuals & all others, but ANTI psuedo-homophobics
- The Sarah Connor Effect
My related hubs
- How To Help Save Abused Children From Dangerous Family Laws
I feel we all have a duty of care to these children, and I plead with you all to make their cases heard. Our children cannot speak for themselves! Remember that one drop raises the ocean! I have include links to many resources where you can find more
- I Will Prevail - A Poem Inspired by "Our Deepest Fear" by Marianne Williamson
This is a poem inspired by Marianne Williamson's "Our Deepest Fear" (in A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles), which was quoted by Nelson Mandela in 1994, during his Presidential Inauguration Speech. I wrote in the
- The Fine Art of Institutional Grooming, Family Violence & Shared Parenting Laws
A lot of people will have heard of the term "grooming", but most will think of the term only as it is used in the context of child sexual abuse. What many people do not consider, is that grooming is an art that is practiced by most perpetrators of an
- Emotional Violence & Domestic Abuse - Crazy Making Stuff....
In This Hub - Crazy Making Stuff, Signs of Domestic Violence,Emotional/Psychological Abuse Tactics, Violence, Power & Control Wheel, An Insight into Abuse, How I became Safe at Last, Ok, so it's Abuse. What Now?, Why Domestic Violence is Often Ov
- My Favorite "Greatest Quotations" + Some of My Own
Words of Wisdom to Inspire, Enlighten & Entertain. Dalai Lama. Oscar Wilde. Barack Obama. Bob Dylan. Buddha. Winston Churchill. Confucius. Albert Einstein. George Washington. Mother Teresa. Captain Jack Sparrow. Bill Cosby. Thomas Jefferson. Opra
- Staying Strong after Family Violence - Inspiration for Mothers
This hub is for mothers who have separated from a violent partner, and who are trying to start a new life for themselves and their children but are still having to live with the ongoing trauma associated with attending family court, applying for rest