- Books, Literature, and Writing
Miniature Books from the World's Smallest Library
I love reading. This isn't just a hobby, but I got many benefits from this activity. Reading isn’t just fun, entertaining but also gave us knowledge. For most people, reading is one of the best hobbies a person. No matter what they read. But I believe we have favorite book. In the big city, reading is a lifestyle. We have to follow recent news from around the world. Internet is good media for us beside book, newspaper or magazine. Here are a few of my favorite ways that reading has so many benefits, beside improved my quality of life as well.
- Reading helps us to improve concentration and stay focus. From the book tell about the whole story. We will get better by concentration, since must concentrate in order to read.
- Increased vocabulary. By reading, we can increase our vocabulary and improves our spelling too. Do you know that reading forces us to look at words that we might not have seen before and you will find many new words. Even language in children’s book is more sophisticated.
- Improved memory. We get this benefit when we’ve been reading consistently. We can remember everything much easier.
- Improves creativity. By reading about diversity of life, social and culture gave us more information to develop creativity and innovation into your thinking process.
- Reading reduces stress. This is my favorite section. When I am feeling bored, I will pick up a book, start reading and stop being bored. We can choose awesome fiction book before bed time.
- Learn about other cultures and places of the world. How would you know about the life of people in Japan if you don’t read about it? By reading gives you an insight into the diversity customs, ethnicity, lifestyle, etc. That’s why I love writing about travel though I have never seen that place before.
We can get all information from many sources. Library is one of the best places for us to find great books on the bookshelf, even the oldest book. We can find the information from the librarian or catalogue. Reading in the library is old-fashioned way in reading books before the internet era. But it’s running well until now. But the modern library is completed with the internet facility. We can search book by browsing from the internet or the book from the computer list. It’s quite easy, right. If we talk about library, do you know the oldest library in the world? the oldest continually running library in the world is at the St. Catherine’s Monastery in the Sinai, Egypt. This library was built in the middle of the 6th century. It has the second largest collection of religious material in the world, after the Vatican. How about the largest library in the world? The Library of Congress in Washington D.C is one of the largest repositories of recorded knowledge in the world. It has 115 million items in a number of formats.
The world's smallest library
But do you know the smallest library in the world? There’s good information from Hungaria related with the smallest library in the world. This library is belongs to Jozsef Tari. He has the world's biggest collection of miniature books. All the mini books saved on the dozens of shelves lined with 4,500 hardbacks and paperbacks. It was measuring just a few millimeters each with several categories like: history, politics, literature, sport, art and even cooking from 31 countries around the world (in ten languages). Most of the items in his collection are in Hungarian, but he also has quite a few from the Mexico, US, Australia, Canada, Japan and Indonesia.
With the smallest title about 2.75 mm high and 1.75 mm wide. The size of each book is not bigger than a size of half-finger length. Jozsef also has 15 kinds of miniature newspapers, including the smallest in the world, which measures only 19 x 26 mm. Wow.... personally, I can’t imagine how to make this book with smallest letter.
How to read these books? Although Jozsef's books have very small pages, but all the font size from these books can be readable with the naked eye. Jozsef start to collect these miniature books while at printer school. He has about 4,500 books at the moment, but the number always changes. Sometimes he exchanged them with other collectors and tried to get several copies of each publication. Some of the books are written with miniature format, but others are smaller versions with larger text.
He started to collect miniatures since 1972, almost forty years ago. He must have the first book as his collection. He said that his first book was “The Constitution of the Hungarian People's Republic”. This book has 26 mm wide and 35 mm high. The oldest book in Jozef's collection is 100 years old. All the books must be saved in the special bookshelf. It’s different with other bookshelf. He made the bookshelf by himself with small size too, match with the miniature book measurement. He also published his own miniature books, completed with design and all preparations. He gave illustrations of the book to her daughter, Eszter Dance who is also an artist. I am glad to share this information to all of you and I presenting this hub for book’s lovers in the world.