- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
QUOTES-words of wisdom
- No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
- Always behave like a duck :- keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle with great vigor underneath.
- If a man is called to be a street-sweeper, he should sweep so well even as Michelangelo painted and Beethoven composed music, and Shakespeare wrote poetry, that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.
- If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him.
- Saying someone is ugly doesn’t make you any prettier.
- You must sit down and listen before you can stand up and be heard.
- From birth to 18, a girl needs good parents; from 18 to 35 she needs good looks;
from 35 to 55 she needs good personality; and from 55 on she needs good cash!
- If you were half as funny as you think you are, you'd be twice as funny as you are now.
- Never do something permanently foolish just because you are temporarily upset.
- In three words i can sum up everything i have learned in my life: it goes on.
- If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
- What can be added to the happiness of a man who is in health, out of debt, and has a clear conscience.
- When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.
- Don’t choose the one who is beautiful to the world; choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
- At times it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you are a fool than to open it and remove all their doubts.
- If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
- If you work for a man, for heaven's sake work for him.
- A man is not a hero because he is braver than anyone, but because he is brave for ten minutes longer.
YOU ARE SPECIAL
- When someone tells you, “You’ve changed,” it might simply be because you’ve stopped living your life their way.
- Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius and it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than be absolutely borinh
LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
- Saying sorry does not mean that you are wrong. It means that you value your relationship more than your ego.
- The weak can never forgive, forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
- It is a good in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not need your apologies. And the wrong sort of people take mean advantage of them.
- To betray, you must first belong.
- Fame vopourizes, money goes with wind, and all that's left with you is character.
- Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.
- Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
- Older man declare war; but it is youth who must fight and die.
SUCCESS and FAILURES
- Don't quit when the tide is lowest, for its just about to turn. Don't quit over doubts and questions, for there's something you may learn. Don't quit when the night is darkest, for it's just a while until dawn. Don't quit when you've run the farthest, for the race is almost won. Don't quit until you fail to try, for YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!
- Successful people never do different things, they do things differently.
- If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.
- Do more than exist - live ; Do more than touch - feel ; Do more than look - observe ; Do more than read absorb ; Do more than hear - listen ; Do more than listen - understand ; Do more than understand - apply.
- Every success story is also a story of great failure.
- If you would not like to be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.
- A specialist is the one who knows everything about something and nothing about anything else.
- Although there are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all.
- A smile is the most beautiful curve a woman can get.
- Smile-it will either warm their hearts or piss them of.....Either way you win.
- Life is too short. Smile while you still have teeth.
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE
- Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
- Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
- A winner never quits and a quitter never wins.
- Everything we have today was at one time considered impossible.
- Things may come to those who wait but only the things but only the things left by those who hustle.
- You'll never be able to influence the world by trying to be like it.
- Don't tell me that sky is the limit. There are footprints on the moon.
- Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.
- The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is not young.
- Love and appreciate your parents. We are often so busy growing up, we forget they are also growing old.
- Never EXPLAIN ! Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.
- We all know that Art is not the Truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize the Truth.
- Many people are so poor because the only thing they have is money.
- When you’re up, your friends know who you are. When you’re down, you know who your friends are.
- It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.