Publishing Your Ebook on Amazon
Join the Bestseller List
Steps to Publishing on Amazon
Amazon has made it easy to self publish now, and best of all it's free. As some authors will know, this is a change. Here are the steps to publish your book on Amazon.
1. Open an account on Amazon https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin
If you already have an Amazon account then sign in with that.
2. Fill in standard information blanks, banking information (they pay by direct deposit).
3. Look over your dashboard. There you will find your titles, Sales, and support in forums.
4. Click the "Add a Title" link.
5. Fill in the blanks
- Upload a cover
- set DRM Rights
- Upload book (must be mobi, Epub, or PDF
- Fill in Categories
- Set Price Must be at least $0.99
- Set Commission Rate (35% or 70%)
- Click approved button
This seems like a lot of steps, but actually they are pretty simple. You should be able to have your book uploaded within 20 minutes if all is in order.
Payments: You are paid when you have a minimum of $10 in your account. It takes 60 days for payment, so if you sold books in January, you will be paid in the first week of April.
The benefit to having your book on Amazon is they have millions of buyers looking for books to read on their Kindle. You can promote, but they have a built in audience for the right books.
It can't hurt to make a little extra cash with books you have been wanting to get out there.