Quotes From Famous Athletes
Here are a few quotes by some famous athletes that i found to be inspiring, funny, motivating, or i couldn't believe they just said that without thinking about what others would say or think. ENJOY
1. It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
2. The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
3. There are no pleasures in a fight but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win.
4. When you are as great as I am it is hard to be humble.
1. A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
2. Baseball is like a poker game. Nobody wants to quit when he's losing; nobody wants, you to quit when you're ahead.
3. I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.
4. Life is not a spectator sport. If you're going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you're wasting your life.
1. I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.
2. I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
3. My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.
4. My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn't stand the sideline.
1. Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps.
2. I love to play golf, and that's my arena. And you can characterize it and describe it however you want, but I have a love and a passion for getting that ball in the hole and beating those guys.
3. Don't force your kids into sports. I never was. To this day, my dad has never asked me to go play golf. I ask him. It's the child's desire to play that matters, not the parent's desire to have the child play. Fun. Keep it fun.
4. I'm aware if I'm playing at my best I'm tough to beat. And I enjoy that.
5. I want to be what I've always wanted to be: dominant.
1. I never doubted my ability, but when you hear all your life you're inferior, it makes you wonder if the other guys have something you've never seen before. If they do, I'm still looking for it.
2. I never smile when I have a bat in my hands. That's when you've got to be serious. When I get out on the field, nothing's a joke to me. I don't feel like I should walk around with a smile on my face.
1. I'm enjoying the money, the big house, the cars; what ghetto kid wouldn't?
2. I've been very clear. I won. I didn't commit the crime.
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
1. A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group.
2. I can do something else besides stuff a ball through a hoop. My biggest resource is my mind.
3. Great players are willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group. It enhances everybody.
1. If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.
2. Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
1. I didn't come to New York to be a star, I brought my star with me.
2. After Jackie Robinson the most important black in baseball history is Reggie Jackson, I really mean that.
1. I don't care what people think. people are stupid.
2. I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids.
3. These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it.
1. Athletes know kids look up to them, and it's important for athletes to be responsible.
1. Do you have any problems, other than that you're unemployed, a moron, and a dork?