50 Quotes to Help Overcome Many Types of Fears : From Famous People
Many people lives are ruled by fear. This can be fear of tomorrow, fear of not having enough money, fear of people, fear of rejection, fear of heights, fear of not being loved, fear of being hurt and so much more. But before you can overcome fear in every aspect of your life, you have to recognize what you afraid of, face it and do not let it dominate your relationships, career, family, from doing the things you want to do. Fear can steal your joy, peace, sleep, many opportunities and even lead to stress which is the cause of many diseases today. Move Forward today and learn to overcome through the Word of God.
Fear of Man (Fear of What Others Think, Fear of Authority Figures, Fear of Our Enemies)
1. Behold, I have made your face strong against their faces, and your forehead strong against their foreheads. As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, (Ezekiel 3:8-9)
2. The fear of man brings a snare: but whoso puts his trust in the Lord shall be safe. (Prov. 29:25)
3.The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. (Ps. 118:6, 8)
4. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. (Psalm 56:4)
5. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. (Psalm 3:6)
6. You shall not respect persons in judgment; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it. (Deuteronomy 1:17)
7. Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt. (Psalm 35:4)
8. Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me. (Psalm 35:26)
9. When I cry unto you, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me. (Psalm 56:9)
10. Deliver me, O Lord, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. 4 Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings. (Psalm 140:1-4)
11. Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord your God, he it is that doth go with you; he will not fail you, nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
12. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. (Psalm 27:1-3)
13. When you go out to battle against thine enemies, and see horses, and chariots, and a people more than you, be not afraid of them: for the Lord thy God is with you, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. (Deuteronomy 20:1)
- Quotes About Fear and Being Afraid
Find quotes about fear and being afraid of the unknown here.
- 13 Encouraging Songs on Moving On and How to Just Le...
To move on a person must learn the art of letting go. This can be letting go of pain, fear, loss, hurt, people, the past. These inspiring songs from amazing music artist can help us to move on.
Fear of the Future
14. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Matthew 6:33-34)
15. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. (Psalm 56:4)
16. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Fear of Poverty, Lack, Not Having Enough Food and Money
17. He that gives unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hides his eyes shall have many a curse. (Proverbs 28:27)
18. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:24-28)
19. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.7 And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
20. The Lord will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish: but he casts away the substance of the wicked. (Proverbs 10:3)
21. For the Lord your God has blessed me in all the works of your hand: he knows thy walking through this great wilderness: these forty years the Lord your God has been with you; you have lacked nothing. (Deuteronomy 2:7)
Fear of Stepping out into New Things, out of your comfort zone (Fear of Change)
22. Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)
23. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jeremiah 29:11)
24. I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me. (Phillippians 4:13)
25. Remember you not the former things, neither consider the things of old.Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert (Isaiah 43:18-19)
Fear of Rejection
Fearing rejection from others and from God must not rule our lives. Rejection establishes our value and worth on the basis of whether another individual accepts us or not. Don't let it. You are accepted, special and have meaning and purpose.
26. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:15-16)
27. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:(Ephesians 1:3-4)
28. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. (Psalm 27:10)
Fear of Giving and Receiving Love
29. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. (I John 4:11-12)
30. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. (I John 4:18)
31. For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (II Timothy 1:7)
Fear of Failure
Our society is based only when one succeeds in areas of their lives. At times, allowance for failure is not acceptable, but it is only we fail, that success can arise and begin in various aspects of our lives.
32. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)
33. My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. (II Corinthians 12:9-10)
34. For a just man falls seven times, and rises up again. (Proverbs 24:16)
35. The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delights in his way.Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholds him with his hand. (Psalm 37:23-24)
Fear of Success
36. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (I Timothy 4:9-10)
37. Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy;18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; (I Timothy 6:17-18)
- 20 Quotes on Favor and Blessing from the Book of Proverbs
This hub deals with many wise sayings from the book of Proverbs about favor and blessing.
- How to Cure Fear of the Dark in Children
What can you do to address your child's worry when going to bed?
- Best Songs to Listen to Overcome and Defeat Fear and...
Don't let fear and worry stand in the way of your dreams, peace, joy, or take you away from living life. Get encouragement from songs to gain hope in your difficult season.
- Inspirational Songs for Stressful Times in our Lives
If you are going through days and times to make you stressed, here are songs to relieve those times and bring peace, calm and strength.
Fear of Evil/ Fearful at Night/Fear of the Dark
38. He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord. (Psalm 112:7)
39. But whoso hearkens unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. (Proverbs 1:33)
40. For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. (Job 3:25)
41. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
42. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. (Psalm 121:7-8)
43. You shall not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at your side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. (Psalm 91:7-10)
44. When you lie down, you shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24)
Fear of Death, Sickness, Dying
45. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.The Lord hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death. (Psalm 118:17,18)
46. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he (Jesus) also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. (Hebrews 2:14-15)
Other Fears- Fear of Animals and Insects, Fear of Heights, Fear of Snakes, Fear of being controlled, Fear of Natural Disasters, Phobias
47. I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
48. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. (Proverbs 3:25)
49. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; (II Corinthians 10:5)
50. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. (Psalm 46:1-4)
More Quotes from Famous People
Never let your fear of the unknown and things being too difficult make your choices for you in life. One of the saddest lessons in life is finding out that your fear made the situation worse than what it was and a braver person stole the dream you gave up on. ~Shannon Alder
There will always be fear. Do it anyway. Let Your courage inspire the world around You. ~Dr. Steve Maraboli.
“The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” ~John C. Maxwell
Courage is the ability to face danger, difficulty, uncertainty, or pain without being overcome by fear. When you see something happening in the workplace that just doesn’t seem right do you have the courage to stand-up and do something? What are you afraid of? Retribution, disapproval, your image, damaged relationships, or simply the unknown? Courage is about setting aside your fear and taking action for the good of yourself or someone else. ~Mark S. Putnam
Wright, Henry. Fear: Overshadowing Your Life. Thomaston, GA Pleasant Valley Church, 2008.
The Holy Bible. Columbus, OH, Results Publishing, 2000