Reasons for Stepping Back (RSB) - The Final Countdown
Continued From Reasons for Stepping Back (RSB) PART-3
9th RSB: Lack of courage
El valor no es la ausencia de miedo, sino el juicio de que algo es más importante que el miedo. (Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.)
Being courageous makes you strong, lack of it results into your downfall.
How anyone can face the challenge, the people, the world, if there is no strength or can say the daring attitude to accept the situation and counteract it?
Have you ever heard about the songs which are one of the finest and good to hear being created by a person who had hearing disabilities?
Secondly, have you ever read about the books which were quite touching and fascinating being written by a person who was blind from an early age?
Well, may be yes or may be no.
I have got here two stories which are an apt answer to the above two questions.
Ludwig Van Beethoven, German Composer, gave the world some of the finest tunes in spite of being deaf. In his early age, he was sent to the music school to learn music in the deep sense.
Unfortunately, the tutor rejected to teach him and insulted him as well by saying that he had no understanding of the tunes. He further added that he could never learn music and must leave it.
Beethoven took it as a challenge. Due to his hearing disabilities, it was quite difficult for him to learn and compose. But as it is said, “Where there is a will, there is a way”.
He had the courage to face the challenge and prove himself to the world. His works led the music into a new era and made it more popular.
La ignorancia es la maldición de Dios sabiduría, es el ala con que volamos al cielo
(Ignorance is the curse of God, knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.)
When a person is determined to do something, the courage comes by itself. Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.— Winston Churchill
Now, the answer to my second question is Helen Keller, an American writer.
Helen became deaf and blind just over the few years of her birth. Due to these problems from a very early age, it became almost impossible for her to learn to speak.
Being a hard worker and an intelligent woman, she learned to read a form of alphabet by her fingers. Later on, Helen wrote many books, one of them was based on her own life. She went to many countries to give lectures and help the people with disabilities. She is known as the woman of courage and intelligence.
The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it.
Life gives you many challenges to knock you down, it depends on you whether you want to face it or give up.
Tu actitud determina tu meta y el camino para lógralo. Para tener éxito, es necesario tener la actitud correcta. (Your attitude determines your goal and the way to achieve it. For being successful, you need to have right attitude.)
In the book, You can win, Shiv Khera has begun with a story that justifies the meaning of a right attitude. It talks about a person who sells balloon of different colors and about a little boy who comes to buy a balloon. The boy asks the person that if he will fill the gas in a black balloon, will that also inflate and rise in the air.
The person gave a remarkable reply to the boy. He said, “It is not the color of the balloon, it is the thing that exists inside it which makes it to rise up in the air.”
Consider color as your outer look, balloon as you and the thing to be an attitude.
If you have got the attitude that can lead you further on your path, then your outer look does not matter. You do achieve success by your attitude, but never by your look.
- Conócete a ti mismo (Know yourself.)
- Tener una actitud positiva. (Have a positive attitude.)
- Nunca comprometer. (Never compromise.)
- El conocimiento está en todas partes. Sólo conseguirlo. (Knowledge is everywhere. Just get it).
- Tú eres el dueño de tu vida. Maneje con cuidado. (You are the master of your life. Handle it carefully.)
- La experiencia es un resultado de la exploración. (Experience is a result of exploration.)
- El sueño es un primer paso para su éxito. Síguelo. No permita que echado a perder por lo que otros piensan. (Dream is a first step to your success. Follow it. Do not get it spoiled by what others think.)
- Para tener éxito, su deseo de éxito debe ser mayor que su miedo al fracaso. (In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.)
- Previendo el éxito le trae una imagen inspiradora, pero con lo que la imagen de la vida requiere acción. (Visualizing success brings you an inspiring image, but bringing that image to life requires action.)
- No deje que su carácter especial y sus valores, el secreto que usted conoce y que nadie más lo hace, la verdad, no dejes que eso quedó ahogada por el gran complacencia de mascar. (Do not let your special character and values, the secret that you know and no one else does, the truth-do not let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency.)
- Si has construido en el aire, tu trabajo no se pierde, que es donde deben estar. Ahora ponga las fundaciones debajo de ellos. (If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.)
Being greatly inspired by the life of Bruce Lee, I’ve collected some inspirational thoughts phrased by him:
“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.”
“If you truly love life, don’t waste time; because time is what life is made of.”
“To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities.”
“If you put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits, there are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”
“I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and you are not in this world to live up to mine.”
**…Sólo se vive una vez, pero una vez es más que suficiente si se hace bien…**
(**…YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE BUT ONE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH IF YOU LIVE IT WELL…**)