Resolutions For 2022
Now it's clear to see.
Changes have to be made soon.
Give yourself a year.
Oh sure, you want to be healthy with a good Body Mass Index (BMI). You want to exercise every day for at least 30 minutes, read your scriptures. e!tc., etc., etc. !
If you could succeed with those resolutions, you would have already done so in 2021.
Let's stick to something you might actually resolve to do, and actually do!
If you do what I am going to suggest, you will actually achieve those things and more in 2022.
Keeping it simple....
Your good health is the key. Let me repeat that: Your good health is the key.
First Resolution: Go to the phone and schedule your annual physical as close to the start of 2022 as you can afford it, and as early as your professional caregiver can give you adequate time for your appointment.
Second Resolution: Put a pad of lined paper somewhere convenient to sitting down off and on, so you can write down observations and questions to share at that appointment you just made. And take those with you so you can get the most out of your exam time. The paper will also give you a convenient place to write down any necessary follow up exams and tests.
Third Resolution: With that first appointment made, figure out when your budget will allow you to proceed with a dental exam, and doing any dental work you have been putting off "until some better time." A good exam will allow you to space and budget any following appointments and work to ensure that your dental health is good.
Fourth Resolution: With that planning done, do three more things: (1) start drinking more good, cool water, (2) stop skipping breakfast, and (3) stop burning the candle at both ends, by getting into a regular sleep cycle, and (if need be) grab a quick 30-minutes nap when possible.
Get on over there with your observations and questions.
Why make those Resolutions?
1. Being sick at any avoidable time in 2022 is a bummer.
2. Your body can't function properly if you don't "break your fast" with what it needs to get you off to a good start each day, sort of like warming up the engine before you expect to go 70 miles per hour to the first place on the day's schedule.
3. Your body and mind can't function at their maximum potential, if you are constantly under-hydrated; but with enough water and good nutrition it can perform very well without extra empty calories and stimulants.
4. Your body and mind cannot process information and make wise choices all day long, if you didn't give it adequate rest and recovery time. And:
5. When you are not sick, and not tired, and you are adequately nourished and hydrated, you can make all the "Resolutions" you want to and keep them!
Resolution 5 - Make an appointment with a mental health counselor to find out why what should have your life on the fast track doesn't work to overcome the obstacles in your path. Then make it a point to take the advice you just paid for and follow through, knowing that you have done everything else the right way, and that (or those) can clear the way to a Great 2022!
Don't let the sun set on your good intentions.
© 2021 Demas W. Jasper All rights reserved.