- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Books & Novels
Review of the book "Get Rich Click" by Marc Ostrofsky
Interview with the author
Get Rich Click: The Ultimate Guide To Making Money On The Internet!
I am reading: Get Rich Click: The Ultimate Guide To Making Money On The Internet!
I am determined to make my writing my career before my kids are both in school full-time.
I came across Get Rich Click at the library and have found so many useful topics and great tips on how to make money on the internet by blogging and writing articles.
It's exactly the book I had been looking for! He also has a great website called: GetRichClick.com.
I will go through each chapter and compile the most useful tips for you to read.
Make Money Online!
Chapter One: The Get Rich Click Mindset
Have a specific purpose and be original. People will not want to come to your website if they can read the same thing on several other websites.
Define your target audience. Are they older or younger, richer or poorer, etc.? Try to think like your customer. Who would be interested in your website? Write for your audience.
Become an expert at what you write. Find a niche and learn as much as you can about it. Once you start writing, people will look to you as the expert. They would rather buy from an expert than from someone who 'just has a website'.
Look at what other successful people do and try to follow their winning strategies.
Make your website as interactive as possible. People will want to come back if they feel like they are part of a group at your site.
Everything you need to know to make money online!
Chapter Two: E-Commerce and Reverse E-Commerce: Sell It, But It
Get the most specific and shortest domain name you can that defines your products or services.
Find other sites like yours or forums and write relevant replies with a link to your website to create high-quality links. High quality links to your website create higher rankings, which in turn create more traffic.
Master "niche marketing". Don't try to sell everything. Be the best with your own product or category.
Chapter Three: SEARCHing For The Gold
Buy domain names that are comparable to your domain name and redirect them all to your main domain website. This way, even if someone types in something similar to your website name, they will still be redirected to your website.
Use strong keywords to help the search engines find your site. Mostly use those strong keywords at the beginning of your page or article. The search engines will find them more easily.
Chapter Four: Advertising & Pay-Per-Action
Understand the difference between Pay-Per-Click and Pay-Per-Lead. Pay-Per-Clicks pay less, but you get paid for each click, whether or not they become a lead. Pay-Per-Leads only get paid if the reader becomes a lead.
Study Google Adsense and Google Adwords to find the words with the highest monthly views, highest payout and lowest competition and add those words to your website.
Think of words that relate to your website, then plug those words into Google Adwords Keyword Tool. Once you have done that, find words that are similar, but rank higher and add those to your website.
Type those keywords into your search engine and see what websites pop up. What are they doing that is successful? Try to replicate their winning strategies, but not their content.
Improve Traffic To Your Website
Chapter Five: 100+ Ways To Optimize Your Website For Search And Improve Traffic
You can find all one hundred ways to increase your search engine ranking at GetRichClick.com .
Here is a compiled list:
- Make unique content that is relevant and different than other sites.
- Use call to actions like "buy now" or "check this out"
- Keep your content fresh. Post to your website or blog regularly. The search engines will pick it up more often and your website will move up in ranking, where stagnant websites will fall behind.
- Use keywords in larger font sizes than the words around them
- Bold and italicize important words and phrases, but don't overdo it
- Instead of blogging on one page or having a one page website, break each large category up into pages. Search engines will find them more easily.
- Get inbound links from quality websites.
- Fix any broken links or errors on your site as soon as possible
- The older your site is, the higher it will rank.
- Don't use too many outbound links.
- Review related sites on Alexa to draw in relevant traffic streams.
SEO Software Tools And Tutorials
- SEO Software. Simplified. | SEOmoz
SEOmoz is the most popular provider of SEO software. Our easy to use tools and tutorials make search engine optimization accessible to everyone.
Chapter Six: Actionable Info From SEOmoz.org
Usability represents the ease of use in your site's design, navigation, architecture and functionality. To get your website to rank high, you will need all four usability functions.
Use an analytics program to measure how well your website is doing.
- Where are most people entering your site from?
- What page are they landing on first (entry page)?
- What pages are being viewed the most?
- How long are visitors staying on your site?
- What are your visitors demographics?
- Which pages are most popular?
Work with this information to tweak your website.
Chapter Seven: Partner Up With Affiliate Marketing
10 Steps to Making Money with Affiliate Marketing:
- Buy a domain name with the specific keyword for that product
- Set up an affiliate relationship
- Create a website for the product
- Create new information for your site about your product
- build links to and from relevant sites
- Keep your content fresh. Write regularly.
Affiliate marketers either pay-per-sale, pay-per-click or pay-per-lead. Pay-per-click will pay the least per action, but it will be the easiest to get an action from.
You can sign up for one time or lifetime commissions. If a person could renew a subscription for that product, you will earn income each time they renew. That is a lifetime commission.
Become a ClickBank affiliate. It is one of the easiest ways to make money online.
Chapter Eight: Domain Names
Buy domain names that are short and to the point.
People will skip over longer domain names (or website addresses) if they see a similar one that is shorter.
Keep Your Content Fresh!
Chapter Nine: Content Is King!
Make something once, sell it a thousand times! Ebooks are great continual-income streams. You could either make your own, buy someone else's or have someone write an e-book for you. Once you have an Ebook, advertise it on your website and across the internet to get income over and over again.
Sign up for ClickBank as a seller and advertise your ebook through them. Your advertisement will show up on relevant websites and you will only have to pay when someone clicks on your advertisement.
Chapter Ten: Social Networks: The Power Of Community
Sign up with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest and link your website to all of your social networking sites. Every time you post to your website, the post will automatically be sent to your social networking sites. More people will be able to find your website and articles through social media sites!
The fastest way to build your following is to follow others. Most of the time, they will follow you back.
Chapter Eleven: Collecting Your Payments - Fast And Easy
Try to keep shipping costs to a minimum and do not treat shipping as a profit center.
Pass along the savings to your customer.
Make Money With Mobile Opportunities!
Chapter Twelve: The Internet To Go: Mobile Opportunites
Here are a few suggestions Marc has to optimize your web content for mobile search engines:
- Keep your titles concise
- Connect (or link) to legitimate and popular websites
- Make sure your web design makes it easy for mobile spiders to crawl your site so the mobile search engines can index it properly.
- Submit your mobile site for inclusion to mobile search engines just like you would a traditional website.
- Design sites and content for a wide array of mobile devices starting at the low end rather than the high end.
Chapter Thirteen: Internet Video: Nothing But Growth
Videos on internet sites like YouTube have become the new, big thing to hit the internet. It's a great way to make money online.
Make a short video (three minutes or less) and upload it to Facebook, YouTube or your own website. Most people would rather watch a video than read an article, so you will get a ton more viewers for your videos!
Chapter Fourteen: Get Rich Click For Nonprofit Organizations
- Increased traffic means increased revenue.
- List your site with search engines.
- Make it easy for people to give. Set up donations on your website.
- Set up affiliate programs on the website.
- Market through email
- Sell products that relate to your non-profit organization.
- Find an unusual hook.
- Auction for charity.
- Create a tool for supporters to collect on your behalf.
- Cross-promote your web address.
- Engage your clients and prospects.
- Use the internet as a strategic marketing tool.
- DIY Methods to Save on Utility Bills
To save money on your utility bills, there are many simple home repairs you can do on your own. Try these DIY home repairs to save money and stay within your family budget!
Chapter 15: Make Money...By Saving Money
There are tons of ways you can save money online whether you clip coupons online, look for airfare deals or compare prices for a product. The internet has made it easy to save money.
You could make a website to help people save money and make a little money off of that!
Chapter Sixteen: The Future
Pay attention to trends and try to jump on them at the beginning. Here are Marc's secrets to success:
- Know what you don't know. Always keep learning!
- Learn from the best (there is no reason to recreate the wheel)
- KISS ( Keep It Simple Silly)
- Don't get caught up in "it's already been done" thinking.
- Pay for the best person you can afford
- Hire the right attitude
- Hire your weakness
- Do what you enjoy and stick to what you do best.
- Ask question, cultivate contacts
- If at first you don't succeed........
Chapter 17: Resource And Suppliers Guide
Marc Ostrofsky has compiled a long list of great websites that will get you on the road to making money online!
Get Rich Click with Marc Ostrofsky
© 2013 caseymel