- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing»
- Creative Writing»
- Humor Writing
Schuylkill County, PA Jokes: You Know You're From Schuylkill County When...
Have you ever heard of Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania? Well if you haven't, you're going to get to know it really well now! If you have then you's know exactly what I'm talking about!
You know you're from Schuylkill County when...
- When someone asks where you're from and you say "Do you know where they make Yuengling beer?"
- You say "you's" instead of you.
- You know what "462" means.
- You can tell me where to buy Screamers and Centiole's Pizza.
- You know where the Purple Pump is.
- Centrailia is where you ride your quad, not where you visit the underground mine fire.
- Coal is like your back hand...you see it everyday!
- You don't pronounce Shenandoah "Shen-an-do-uh" you say "Shendo"
- The school district you live in has the first day of buck off in the rifle season.
- "Yo Bot."
- You hear an array of accents, from PA Dutch, to the "Ashland Accent," to some Spanish!
- You listen to T102 and know who "RC" is.
- Hunting and Fishing is a way of life.
- You can't go 2 feet without hitting a pothole.
- You know what the Hometown Auction is and when it is open
- Bush Party anyone?
- Orange Creek water is normal to you.
- You know what a Pierogie is, as well as where Kowalonek's is and how to pronounce that!
- Valley Rides are an every weekend occurrence
- You know why there are a bunch of smashed bottles laying around a road sign
- You've gone swimming in "The Lilly"
And finally...only in Schuylkill County would you see this:
This is the pull off at SR 61 and Adamsdale Rd.
Day 1 - A deer was hit there (The couch was dumped there previously).
Day 2 - The deer was on the couch.
Day 3 - The end table and lamp showed up.
Day 4 - The TV and TV stand showed up.
The Trooper had to call PENN DOT because of all the people stopping to take pictures.
The cardboard caption in front of the deer on the couch reads,
"Sorry Hunters. Obama ruined healthcare. We can't afford to have injured hunters on our conscience, so I'm staying home!
Sorry, the Deer."