Self-Confidence Tips and Quotes
Confidence quotes and sayings
- Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt
- I am not a has-been. I am a will be. - Lauren Bacall
- Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. - Henry Ford
- The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure. - Sven Goran Eriksson
- If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price. - Author Unknown
- The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others. - Hasidic
- Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared to believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstances. - Bruce Barton
- Confience comes not from always being right but from fearing to be wrong. - Peter T. Mcintyre
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. - Les Brown
- You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through. - Rosalynn Carter
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled. - Andrew Carnegie
- How often in life we complete a task that was beyond the capability of the person we were when we started it. - Robert Brault
- Be humble , for the worst thing in the world is of the same stuff as you; be confident, for the stars are the same stuff as you. - Nicholai Velimirovis
- The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do. - Author Unknown
- We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies. - Roderick Thorop
- The way you treat yourself sets the standrd for others. - Sonya Friedman
- Self-confidence is the first requisite to great understanding. - Samuel Johnson
- Confiedence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control. - Richard Kline
- It is not the mountain we conquwe but ourselves. - Edmund Hillary
- Self-confidence gives you the freedom to make mistakes and cope with failure without feeling that your world has come to an end or that you are a worthless person. - Anonymous
- Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. - Norman Vincent Peale
- When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you. - African Proverb
- A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her. - David Brinkley
- Your problem is you're...too busy holding on to your unworthiness. - Ram Dass
- Self-confidence is the memory of success. - Anonymous
- I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn't falll down. - Allen H. Neuharth
- You have to expect things from yourself before you can do them. - Michael Jordan
- If mymind can concieve it, and my heart believe it, I know I can achieve it. - Jesse Jackson
- Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it. - Stan Smith
- I was alwyas looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time. - Anna Freud
- It's not you who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not. - Author Unknown
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. - Eleanor Roosevelt
- Confidence comes from not alwyas being right but from not fearing to be wrong. - Pete T. Mcintyre
- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Alva Edison
- A grat deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a fisrt effort. - Sydney Smith
- All of us have wonders hidden in our breasts, only needing circumstances to evoke them. - Charles Dickens
- It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes. Sally Fields
High and Low Self-confidence Traits
You show the confidence, or lack of confidence, you have in yourself to others in many ways. Your behavior, your body language, your way of speaking and what you say. Self confident people are more postitve about life. They believe in themselves and are living life to to fullest. Those with low self-confidence are often negative and can be self-destructive.
High Self-confident traits:
- Admitting your mistakes and learning from them
- Being willing to take risk and to go that extra mile to achieve your goal
- Doing what you believe is right even if no one else does
- Accepting compliments graciously "Thank you, I worked hard at it."
- Waiting for others to congratulate you on your accomplishments
Low Self-confidence traits:
- Trying to cover up your mistakes before anyone else notices them
- Fearing failure, styaying in your comfort zone and avoiding risks
- Basing your actions on what other people think
- Dismissing compliments offhandedly "It was nothing."
- Bragging about your accomplishment as often as you can to as many people as you can
What is self-confidence?
Self confidence is made up of two main components; self-efficacy and self-esteem.
So, what is self-efficacy? Basically it is the confidence that we gain when we wprl hard at something and succeed. It is a learned response to seeing ourselves and other achieving goals and mastering skills. This is the type of confidence that helps people be persistant when facing setbacks and to accept difficult challenges.
Self-esteem is a more generalized feeling. It gives you the feeling that you can cope with whatever is going on in your life and lets you feel that you have the right to be happy. Along with these feelings are the feeling that the people around you approve of you and like you. All of this allows you to feel that you are competent and can successfully complete what you put your mind to.
How to build self-confidence
- Look at what you've achieved in your life.
- Think about what's important to you, and where you want to go from here.
- Talk about it to your family and friends.
- Think about your strengths.
- Identify your successes.
- Recognize your insecurities.
- Realize that nobody is perfect.
- Acccept compliments graciously.
- Be thankful for what you have.
- Help others.
- Start managing your mind.
- Be positive, even if you don't feel that way.
- Stick to your principles.
- Committ yourself to success.