If the Shoe Fits
Quotes and Sayings
- The wearer best knows where the shoe pinches. - Irish proverb
- Any girl that's got a $50,000 table and $5 shoes, I'm in love with. - James Brolin
- Give a girl the correct footwear and she can conquer the world. - Bette Middler
- I like Cinderella, I really do. She has a good work ethic. I appreciate a good, hard-working gal. And she likes shoes. The fairy tale is all about the shoe in the end, and I'm a big shoe girl. - Amy Adams
- If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot? - Gloria Steinem
- Between saying and doing, many a pair of shoes is worn out. - Irisi murdoch
- How tall am I? Honey, with hair, heels and attitude I, through the roof. - RuPaul
- A buckle is a great addition to an old shoe. - Irish Saying
- You cannot put the same shoe on every foot. - Publilius Syrus
- I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes. - Oprah Winfrey
- The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents. - John J. Plomp
- I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot. - Marilyn Monroe
- Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big worthwhile things. It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out - it's the grain of sand in your shoe. - Robert Service
- Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel
- For good luck, cast and old shoe after me. - Proverb
- If the shoe fits, it's too expensive. - Adrienne Gusoff
- Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey
- If high heels were so wonderful, men would be wearing them. - Sue Grafton
- Americans love our shoes and us Brits love that we can always pick up a bargain when in the U. S. - Lisa Snowdon
- I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes. I had one thousand and sixty. - Imelda Marcos
- Terrorism, hurricanes, and acts of God can't part a true Imelda from her shoes. - Jane Blahnik
Fun Facts and Trivia
- The first lady's boot, made in 1840, was designed for Queen Victoria.
- The most ever spent on a pair of shoes was $665,000. They were Judy Garland's last pair of ruby red slippers from the Wizard of Oz.
- In China one of the bride's red shoes is tossed from the roof to ensure happiness for the bridal couple.
- Nine out of ten women wear shoes that are too small, according to a poll by the American Academy of Orthepedic Surgeons.
- Almost half of all women have been injured by their shoes.
- One quarter of all the bones in your body is in your feet.
- Sandels were first worn in warm climates where the soles of the feet nedded protection but the top of the feet needed to be cooler.
- Faity tales often use shoes as a symbol representing an escape from a boring routine life.
- Buckles were first added to shoes in 1660.
- The first shoe manufactured in the U. S. was by Thomas Beard, a Mayflower Pilgrim in 1628.
- The largest pair of shoes ever made were a size 42. They were made for Harley Davidson, a giant who lived in Florida.
- The average woman buys four pair of shoes per year.
- The best time to try on shoes is usually at the end of the day. when your feet are the most swollen.
- Before the 19th century there was no left or right shoe, they were both identical.
- About 23 percent of all women get a pedicure each and every month.
- It wasn't until the 18th century that woman's shoes were made different from men's shoes in Europe.
- In the 16th and 17th century in Europe the heels on a high heel shoe were always the color red.
- Sneakers were first made in the U. S. in 1916 and were called keds.
- In Hungury the groom drinks a toast to the bride out of her wedding shoe.
- How to Organize Too Many Pairs of Shoes
Are you a shoe addict? Are your shoes so unorganized you don't even know what you have now? Do you wish you get it under control? I am here to help you organize too many pairs of shoes.
- How to Decorate and Personalize Shoes
Learn how to use chalk markers to decorate canvas shoes.
- 25 Unusual Shoes – WTF Were They Thinking?
Strange stuff. Check out invisible heels, crotch length sneakers, 3D printed shoes, sewing machine wedges, steampunk boots and many more that never made it into Walmart or Kmart.
- Tips for What Matches With your New Red Shoes
Tips for Showing off Your New Red Shoes What woman doesn't love a great pair of new shoes? Most of us have a collection that goes far beyond what we actually need. There's nothing wrong with that unless...
- Shoes Cleaning Tips. How You Can Clean and Wash Skec...
Different places and different times produce different customs. What was usual in my childhood, in my old country is not at all customary nowadays. I remember my mother was ironing bed sheets and T-shirts. Now...
- How To Polish and Shine Your Shoes
Learning to shine your own shoes is easy. It helps extend the life of the shoes and can make them look new again. Get info on shoe polishing and suede shoe care.
I have been a shoe lover all of my life. In my opinion, you can never have too many shoes.
However, a few years ago I met someone who was more of a shoe lover than me. She had enough shoe to open her own shoe store. There were shoes everywhere in her home. I just couldn't get over it.
In memory of her, this little hub was written, filled with tongue in cheek quotes and sayings. I know she would have loved this small tribute to her favorite thing in the world, shoes.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2011 Susan Hazelton