SlushHeap: The Online Show For Aspiring Authors With Tips and Advice From Other Writers To Get Out of the Slush Pile
SlushHeap: The Show For Authors
Why is SlushHeap Important?
SlushHeap has a variety of good qualities.
- Authors get to meet and discuss their work with like minded people
- Writers and Authors get to promote their work
- A great opportunity to network with other writers
- Online exposure that is recorded and archived
- A really fun show to watch!
What Is SlushHeap?
SlushHeap or Slush Heap is a Google+ Hangout On The Air (HOA) which is a Live Radio Talkshow that brings Published Authors and New and Aspiring Writers Together to discuss the writing industry and exchange secrets and advice.
This program features real live authors who have made it and is aimed at helping all writers and authors who are looking to get published and market their work.
Meet The Hosts of SlushHeap
Rudi Fischer is an interesting person with quite a story to tell. Rudi was born in West Germany and moved to the United States when he was 13 years old.
Rudi is a United States Air Force veteran and has had some very interesting experiences to say the least. Rudi has met famous people and you have to read his story to believe it. His book, "Force of Fate" is available on Amazon.
Darcie Duranceau is a Freelance Writer, Blogger and Ghost Writer. She is also a mother and a very busy one at that. Darcie co-authored Rudi Fischer's book, "Force of Fate" and has also written several her own books.
Darcie is a mother and she is the co-host of "SlushHeap" a Google Live Hangout on the Air. Darcie is an advocate and friend of writers with particular interest in helping up and coming authors get noticed.
Who Gets Invited To Be A Guest On SlushHeap?
Writers and authors of course! The SlushHeap show first aired April 23, 2013 and has since enjoyed the company of many writers and authors from a wide variety of genres and experiences. Not only writers are included in the program but others such as artists, agents, and more frequently join the show.
The show has quite a diversity of personalities and people! Some serious, many hilarious but all willing to reach out and help fellow writers and aspiring authors. Once you watch the show you will be hooked. Each episode is based on different topics related to all things writing. The show is a great platform to learn about the industry with specific areas discussed at great length from a variety of different genres.
JS Matthew on SlushHeap: Discussion On Freelance Writers and Ghostwriting
J.S.Matthew on the Show
J.S.Matthew was asked to join the show as a guest in May of 2013. He was very lucky to share the spotlight with author Raymond Benson who has ghost written for Tom Clancy, some of the James Bond books and many other famous writings. Be sure to read Benson's "The Black Stiletto Series".
J.S.Matthew was again invited to the show and made an appearance during the second half of the show in October 2013. He looks forward to another future invitation and was happy to meet the hosts and other guests.
J.S.Matthew on SlushHeap
SlushHeap 19 Live October 29, 2013 (Watch for J.S.Matthew at 33:48 mins)
Why Should I Watch SlushHeap?
- It's free
- It's entertaining
- There are no commercials
- You Will always learn something
- Support other writers and authors
- Support the writing industry as a whole
Friends of the Show
- Matt Frost is the Technical Guru who makes the show possible. His is a seasoned Freelance Graphic Designer and without Matt, the show wouldn't look the same!
- Katie Hayoz comes to the show live from Switzerland! Katie is not only a published author but is a leader when it comes to helping other writers. With over a decade of experience, Katie is a person who has a lot to offer the writing community.
- is a talented man who wears many hats! He is a writer, artist, actor, designer and a very funny guy! John Rakestraw
- Jim Ault is a technical genius who also helps with the show's production. He has to many qualifications to list here!
Have You Published Any Work?
What have you published?
Be Sure To Watch SlushHeap!
© 2013 JS Matthew