My Comments On Coco Chanel Quotes
One Of The Most Influential People
Coco Chanel, whose real name is Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, was a French fashion designer and founder of the Chanel brand. Time magazine listed her as the only fashion designer among the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
Some Of Her Quotes I Disagree With
I list down those quotes below and I put my comments in parentheses.
- A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life. (Really? Not that I know of but if a woman cuts or shave her pubic hair, would her life change? For the better or worse?)
- You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life. (Unless you are talking about the inner beauty of a woman. I for one won't be sexually attracted to an ugly or old woman for sure.)
- A woman's education consists of two lessons: never leave the house without stocking, never go out without a hat. (Unless she has got ugly scars on her legs or thighs and she is bald. Now, I think a woman needs to learn two more lessons: never nag and never keep quiet when she reaches orgasm.)
- There is nothing worse than solitude. Solitude can help a man to realize himself, but it destroys a woman. (In that case, I better have my girlfriend tagged along wherever I go)
- Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman, (I never had a chance to date a woman who dressed impeccably but I do remember all those casually dressed women whom I had a great time with.)
- In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different. (If you try to be different from your boss most of the time, you will be the first one to be replaced.)
- A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future. (If you wear a strong perfume, you will turn me off, okay? I prefer a woman with natural aroma. Quite a few women with natural body odor turned me on instantly.
- “Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed.” (No. Not on your armpits or pussy,)
- As long as you know men are like children, you know everything! (Are you trying to imply that all men never grow up?)
- Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony. (Personally I prefer my girlfriends to wear pink or purple bras and panties. I do have red underwear and they like it.)
- I wanted to give a woman comfortable clothes that would flow with her body. A woman is closest to being naked when she is well-dressed. (The most comfortable clothe is the birthday suit.)
- Men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. (On the contrary, I never forget a woman who cooked for me or liked to kiss and hug me.)
- I don’t know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men. (Oh yeah? Let's us exchange gender then.)
- The best things in life are free. The second best things are very, very expensive. (For instance?)
Some Of Her Quotes I Concur With
(1) In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.
(2) You live but once; you might as well be amusing.
(3) I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all.
(4) If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.
(5) The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.
(6) A beautiful dress may look beautiful on a hanger, but that means nothing. It must be seen on the shoulders, with the movement of the arms, the legs, and the waist.
(7) Elegance comes from being as beautiful inside as outside