- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Success - It's In Your Hands
Tips to being successful
- Dare to Dream
To become successful you need to be able to have hopes and dreams. Allow yourself to dream, think big, you'll be surprised how far it will take you.
- Realize your potential
Everyone is good at something. For each person the definition of success is different. Find what you a good at and learn all you can about it.
- Have a plan
To reach a goal you have to have a plan. Plan out what you need to do to reach that goal.
- Don't look back
Look forward. Focus on what you need to do to reach your goal and be successful.
- Have determination
Keep on working towards that success. Be strong, work hard, know you will get there.
- Don't give up
Don't ever give up. Giving up is going to leave you with a question in your mind of whether you could have succeeded. If you give up you definitely will not succeed in reaching your goal.
- Stop thinking negatively
Push all negative thoughts out of your mind. Focus on being positive. Stay away from negative people.
- Accept responsibility for your actions
If you make a mistake along the way, accept the responsibility for that mistake and move on. What is the worst that could happen?
- Keep up a level of excitement
Make sure you keep your excitement of reaching your goal firmly in your mind. When it starts to slip fix in your mind how you will feel when you do become successful.
- Be a good listener
God gave you one mouth and two ears for a reason. It is so important to listen to others rather than talk, talk, talk. Who knows what you might learn by listening.
- Stick with others who have the same interest
Birds of a feather flock together for a reason. Sticking with others who are interested in the same things, have the same type goals will help you with yours.
- Keep yourself motivated
Motivation is an important part of success. You need to keep going, keep trying. Stick with someone who helps push you towards your goal. Put pictures of what you feel shows success on your fridge or bulletin board and look at them often.
- Don't make excuses
Don't make excuses for what you want out of life. It is your life.
- Have patience
Be patient with yourself. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes time to make it up the rungs of success.
- Learn from others
As I said earlier: Listen to what others have to say, you may be surprised at what you learn.
- Make your own opportunities
Everyone hits little bumps in their life. When you hit one of those little bumps that is keeping you from your goal, look around for a way to either climb over or bypass that bump. In other words look for another way to go about reaching your goal.
- Keep a good attitude
Attitude can make you or break you. A good attitude is worth it's weight in gold.
- Set goals
I have mentioned goals several times now. It is so important to set goals. You can set small ones to reach along the way to your big one of becoming successful.
- Keep a journal
It is important to keep a journal of you little successes and you little failures along the way. Sometimes your memory is not as accurate and you would like it to be. If you have a written record you can look back and see what works for you and what doesn't.
Read everything you can get your hand on and then read some more. Many times you will find information that you have overlooked along the way. Even fiction is good. If someone thought it up, it is possible to do it and achieve success.
- Jot down notes
Make sure you jot down a note each time you come up with an idea or something you want to remember. I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten an idea or important fact.
- Pursue your passion
Most important of all, make sure you are pursuing something that you are passionate about. Without that passion you are just going through the motions. You will never be the success you wish to be if you don't have the passion.
Success Quotes and Sayings
- Success is working with all your heart, don't rest until your good is better and your better is best. - Author Unknown
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
- While most are dreaming of success, winners wake-up and work hard to achieve it. - Author Unknown
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. -Albert Schweitzer
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill
- Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time. - Woody Allen
- As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Too many people go through life waiting for things to happen instead of making them happen. - Author Unknown
- Failure is success if we learn from it. - Malcolm Forbes
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone. - Bill Cosby
- The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure. - Woody Allen
- Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally. - David Frost
- Self-trust is the first secret of success. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be. - M. H. Anderson
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it. - Author Unknown
- To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence. - Mark Twain
- Bringing a childlike wonder and a beginner's mind to life maximize both success and joy. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- I would rather attempt something great and fail than attempt to do nothing and succeed. - Robert Schuller
- That man is successful who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much, who has gained the respect of the intelligent men and the love of children; who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; who leaves the world better than he found it, whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in others and gave the best he had. - Robert Louis Stevenson
- Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds. - Anthony J. D'Angelo
- Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right. - Henry Ford
- For success, attitude is as equally important as ability. - Harry F. Banks
- Success is blocked by concentrating on it and planning for it...Success is shy - it won't come out while you're watching. - Tennessee Williams
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Elbert Hubbard
- Never mind what others do; do better than yourself, beat your own record from day to day, and you are a success. - William J. H. Boetcker
- Success is a ladder that can not be climbed with your hands in your pocket. - Author Unknown
- Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. - William Feather
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.— Elbert Hubbard
- The definition of success
What is success? This can mean a number of different things depending on the person. To some it means founding a multi-million dollar business, for others it could be saving an old tree for other generations to see. It could be making something for o
- Factors that Contribute to Business Success
As more businesses fail in this challenging economy, understanding the key factors in business success is crucial to the survivors, to entrepreneurs, and to new start up companies. Know these factors, re-design your business, and succeed.
- How to Dress for Success in Any Business
To dress for success in your job, study very carefully, from hair to shoes, how
- Quotes and Sayings About How to Achieve Success
Successful people think differently. In order to achieve success, a person first decides they are worthy and capable. Have you ever heard a successful person who said, "I can't"? Success is an attitude, a responsibility and a reward. What do...