Technical Communications Table of Contents Procedures - Sample Guide
The Table of Contents (TOC) contains a list of the document’s contents. The TOC is auto-generated. This post discusses TOCs and their standards. Topics include:
- TOC Guidelines
- Creating a TOC
The following list contains guidelines that govern TOC generation.
- Generate the TOC to 4 levels.
- Create each Index using the Distinctive Format.
- Turn off Hidden text before editing.
Creating a Table of Contents
To insert an index:
- Mark all entries for the document.
- From REFERENCES, click Table of Contents.
3. Select Custom Table of Contents.
4. Select Distinctive from the Formats drop down list.
5. Verify that Show Levels is set to 4.
6. Click OK. The Index is inserted into the document.
© 2015 Mark Bush